Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature January 2024 Blind Bags

 

Watch the video here.


This week I have another batch of blind bags to open for you. This batch was ordered on October 27th with an expected delivery date no later than December 26th. They arrived on November 24t well before the expected date. This is another of the Cup Model sets, which are my one of my favorites. The cost was under $3 for the set of 10 blind bags.


So lets look at the contents of each blind bag and I’ll give you my thoughts about each one.



 

 

1- clear “glass” mug, this is really cool and unlike most of the mugs we get in these sets we will be able to showcase a fun drink in it and actually see what it looks like. I’m thinking some kind of coffee drink with layers would be a lot of fun. The quality of this mug is very nice and as far as I remember this is the first clear mug we have gotten.


 

2- I was so sure I had hit record on the camera before I opened this one and only found out I didn’t when I was getting ready to edit the video. Since the contents of this bag are the same as one that is coming up (# 7) I’ll tell you about it when we open that one.



 

 

 

3- I would call this shape wine glass a red wine glass and I think we have several of these now. I am planning to fill some of the wine glasses soon. I just need to get some supplies ordered first.


 


 

 

4- another footed glass this time one that is more suited to holding some champagne for a special occasion in the dollhouse.


 

 

 


 

 

 

5- I absolutely love these “cut glass” looking glasses. They pick up the light so nicely and are just really pretty.


 

 


 

 

6- I also refer to this shape wine glass as a white wine glass because of the slightly taller skinnier shape. Again I can’t wait to start filling some of these in future videos.


 

 

 


 

 

 

7- this is the blind bag that held the same object as the one I managed to miss filming. They are large glasses with tops that have a hole for a straw. I am thinking we need to make the dolls some bubble tea for at least on of these.



 

 

 

8- another repeat, this time we get another white wine glass. I actually am very happy to get repeats in these pieces because that just means we can make more beverages for the dolls and still have more to fill the cabinets in the dollhouse.


 

 


 

 

9- these amber color glasses that we get in the blind bags are like taking a trip back in time to when I was growing up. I think everyone’s mom had a set of these in their kitchen back in the day.


 

 


 

 

10- this to-go coffee cup with the lid is a first in the bags and I am really excited to see it. I do think I will paint it to make the details show up better but it is really cool. And so many of us do have this style cup at our side a lot anymore. (mine is sitting next to me filled with hot tea as I prepare to edit the video and get this post written)


 


So what are my thoughts on the items we got in today’s blind bags? I am very happy we got some more of the some of my favorite pieces for previous sets. We also got a couple of new pieces and I am very excited to see new things showing up. I love the idea of cups with lids, that is going to add some new possibilities of what we can do with those pieces.


Again, I am sorry I missed filming the second bag. Not sure what happened because I was sure I had hit record but apparently I didn’t since there was o clip for that one. Thankfully it was the same as #7 so you got to see me open that one at least.


I also want to take a couple of moments to compare these to the pieces I recently hauled from Temu. Overall the quality is the same. The big difference is that these don’t require me to clean off the little bits of plastic from the molding process. They are all cleaned up and ready to use unlike the pieces from Temu. Once cleaned up I don’t think anyone could tell the difference between them.


So I guess the big question would be is it worth it to pay a few cents more to get the pieces ready to use. I will probably keep buying from both places for the foreseeable future. There are pluses to both sources. I do love opening the blind bags so much, it’s like opening up birthday or Christmas presents. The surprise is really fun. I do love that I have little or no work to do with the pieces before I use the. On the other hand. On Temu I can see pretty much what I am going to get (I think I had a couple of substitutions from the picture in mine) so if you are looking for a certain piece you are more apt to get it there. Also the price is much lower on Temu and they come much quicker, normally I get them in about a week as opposed to the month that the blind bags normally take.


Be sure to let me know what you would like to see in some pf these. Or are there other things you want to see on the channel in future videos? Let me know.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment