Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature Another Temu Tableware Review

 

Watch the video here.



Last week’s Temu haul had so many items I decided to do this set as a separate video even though I had purchased both at the same time.



This set is all clear plastic and was labeled as basically a 15 piece set of tableware, cups, and dishes. Here is a screenshot of the listing so you can see exactly what it is called in case you want to find it for yourself.


At the price of $1.29 it is extremely inexpensive and I was hoping it would be similar to the pieces we get in the blind bags from eBay.


So let’s look at each piece and see what I think and get a closer look.



 

 

1- I think I’ll just refer to this one as a vase, it is simply too large to be anything else in my opinion. But as a vase I think it will be absolutely gorgeous.


 

 

 


 

 

 

2- this stein is similar if not the same as some we have gotten in blind bags. I do love the way these look and the size is really good for the dollhouse world.


 

 


 

 

3- this large footed bowl I am sure is the same as some from the blind bags. I think it will look wonderful filled with some kind of food on a dollhouse table.


 

 

 


 

 

4- after looking more closely at this piece and at the photo on Temu, I think this might be a lid for one of the containers. It does seem to fit the skinny pitcher almost perfectly.


 

 

 


 

 

5- this clear fluted bowl is so pretty in person I hope the camera picks up on the details. I think this one will look lovely with a fruit salad or something similar in it.


 

 

 


 

 

6- I have to admit I am a bit stumped as to what to use this pretty footed bowl for.


 

 

 

 

 


 

 

7- this skinny pitcher is really pretty and modern looking with it’s simple clean lines. I think it will look really nice in several different settings. 

 

 

 

 


 

 

This is the one that what I am assuming is a lid (#4) fits.


 

 


 

 

8- this small plate will be fun to fill with either a dessert or a salad. A very useful piece to add to the collection.


 

 

 


 

 

 

9- So what do we call this one and how do we use it? To me it looks like a dish you would get an ice cream sundae in but I think it’s way too big for that.


 

 


 

 

 

 

10- The heart shaped cup is really cute. I can’t see it being very practical in real life but in the mini world that isn’t really an issue.


 

 


 

 

 

11- This large pitcher really appeals to me. I love the size and the shape of it and it looks like it needs to be in a party scene.


 

 

 


 

 

 

12- the wine glass. In real life I really don’t like glassware that flares out at the top like this one does but again in mini those things don’t matter.


 

 


 

 

13- this plant pot is one of my favorites in this set. It is just a simple plant pot but that is really appealing to me. It is clear so it will need to be painted to make it look the part but this is going to be a fun project in the future.


 

 


 

 

 

14- so is it a lid to something or is it a candy dish. I don’t see any items in this set that it would really fit as a lid. At least not any where it would stay on by itself and not have to be glued. I suppose it could be displayed sitting next to item #15 but then I would probably loose it. I think I will use it as a candy dish unless I can figure where it is supposed to go.



 

 

15- I do love this sweet little dish it has some wonderful details molded into it. 

 

 

 

 

 


 

It is almost the right size for #14 to be a lid for it but just not close enough for it to stay on by itself.





Now for a few of my thoughts, first I know that here in the US buying from Temu is a bit controversial. I am not going to enter into that discussion other than acknowledge it this one time. I really see it as no different that buying the same items off eBay shipped from Asia.


I will continue to purchase from both as long as the quality stays as it is or gets better and the prices stay low. I can get a lot for my money from these sources.


I also purchase items made in the US as well as items from Europe and elsewhere.


Compared to the blind bags these are cheaper and you do get a better idea of what you are going to get. I did take a closer look at the listing photo and I think I have a couple of different ones from the photo but I am not positive. For the most part I got what is in the picture. These also arrive much faster than the blind bags of eBay.


But, for me these are not nearly as much fun because I really have come to love opening all those little bags in the blind bag sets. It’s a lot like Christmas and it is so much fun to try to guess what is inside each bag before I open it.

No comments:

Post a Comment