Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature Temu Tableware Review

 

Watch the video here.



I recently ordered this set of Dollhouse Miniature Tableware from Temu. I wasn’t sure what to expect since the reviews on the site were mixed. But for the price I couldn’t resist, $2.48 for 32 pieces. I knew there had to be at least a few pieces that would be usable in the dollhouse and in projects here in the channel. Now since this package has 32 pieces the video is a bit longer than I try to have for these midweek videos but at the same time I want to keep the review/haul type videos on the midweek slot. Also the end of the video is a bit rushed because my camera decided to flash it’s “low battery” warning at me and I have been having a lot of problems with getting the battery to charge lately so I needed to finish before it died.


So let’s look at what I got in this rather big bag of miniature tableware.



 

1- the first thing I pulled out of the bag was this serving size bowl. It has a rather wide rim but I know I’ve seen bowls this size in real size. It measures 1” in diameter and about ¼” tall. So a really nice size for a serving bowl.



 

 

2- this large mixing bowl is about 1” in diameter again and ½” deep so it translates to about the size of my real life bowl I make bread in. I love the curved shape of this bowl.


 


 

3- the medium size leaf platter is so cute! I love the shape and I can’t wait to fill it with some kind of mini food. It is about 1” long and not quite ¾” wide.



 

4- is this deep oval bowl I guess is what I’ll call it. It is just over 1” in length and just under ¾” in width. I think it would make a really nice bread/dinner roll serving container.


 


 

5- the octagonal plate would look really nice filled with a serving of miniature pasta.


 

 


 

6- this small curved rectangular plate would look perfect on a table with cranberry sauce on it for a mini Thanksgiving dinner. Or fill it with olives or small pickles. I love this one too.



7-
this is a slightly larger version of #6 and I love it just as much. I can see these being used together on some kind of meat and cheese display with maybe some kind of pickles or olives or something on them. This one is 1” by 5/8”.



 

8- this large serving bowl would look perfect with a big salad in it on the doll’s table for a dinner. The bowl is about 7/8” in diameter at the top and ½” deep so the perfect size for a nice salad.


 


 

9- is a medium size mixing bowl that matches the first bowl we looked at. This one is ¾” in diameter so I will fit nicely nested inside the larger on or displayed on its own with something in it or empty.


 

 


10- this platter reminds me of some of the ones I used to see at the big Asian grocery store in Portland. I think this would look really nice filled with some kind of Asian food on the table. It measures 1 ¼” by 7/8” so it will definitely feed the entire family.


 


 

 

11- I’m not sure what to call this bowl, it has such a pretty shape and it is going to look so good with the right food in it. It is 1” in diameter and stands ½” tall.


 

 


 

12- this slightly rounded square platter is another one that is going to look really good with some kind of food on it. I think this one might just be perfect for a large piece of meat of some kind at the center of a dinner spread. It is about 1 ¼” wide.



 

13- I’m going to call this one a deep round platter, so I am going to have to do some thinking as to what I want to use it for. Remember if you have ideas for any of these let me know what you think would work.



 

14- this one could be either a serving tray or a mini baking sheet. It measures 1” by 1 3/8” so a really good size for either application we just would need to paint it to represent what we want.



 

15-this small bowl matches #8 and would be great either serving something small or as a cereal/soup bowl. It measures about ½” wide by ¼” deep.


 

 


 

16- this large octagon shaped plate will look great with food served on it. It measures 1 ¼” across.


 

 


 

17- I am in love with this divided serving platter. I have always wanted one in real life and I can’t wait to play with this for the dollhouse. It measures just under 1 ½” in diameter so a perfect size for this type of platter.



 

18- I’m going to call this one a deep oval platter, it measures about 1 3/8” by 1” and would look great with a miniature roast surrounded by veggies in the center of the dining room table.



19- this deep rectangular platter is the same size as the oval one we just looked at. And I think it would also look marvelous with a roast and veggies for a big doll family dinner.


 


 

 

20- this small leaf dish (¾” by 1”) would be perfect for a mini candy dish.


 

 


 

 

21- not sure if I should call this one a bowl or a plate, but whatever it is adorable and is about ¾” in diameter.


 

 



 

 

22- this one could be a dinner plate for the dollhouse since it measures just over ¾”.


 

 


 

23- another piece that could be either a tray or a baking sheet depending on how we paint it. 1” by 5/8”.


 


 

 

24- this is a smaller version of #11 measuring ¾” in diameter and about 3/8” deep.


 

 


 

25- this one is the size of a standard dinner plate and should come in handy in many scenes. (7/8” diameter)


 

 


 

26- this oval piece matches #18 (the oval platter) and is either a shallow bowl or a deep platter. It measures 1” by ¾”.




 

27- I am not as big of a fan of this large flower shaped platter/bowl as some of the other pieces but I think it can be made into something fun. It measures 1 ¼” in diameter.


 


 

 

28- this small kidney shaped bowl is adorable and it measures about ½” by 3/8”


 

 

 


 

 

29- this is just a slightly larger version of the last one. This one measures 7/8” by ½” and they would go together on a table filled with similar things so nicely.


 


30- this divided rectangle serving bowl reminds me of a taco toppings bowl I have in my cabinet. I can see this one filled with 3 different toppings for burgers or tacos on a table in the dollhouse.



 

 

31- this tiny plate is just the right size for the dolls to serve a slice of cake on measuring 3/8” in diameter.


 

 


 

32- and finally our last piece is this cute medium size leaf plate. Again a really cute serving piece. This one measures in at about ¾” by ½”.


 





So my thoughts on this package of goodies. I am very happy with what I got and I think I will most likely buy the same set again after I use some of these in projects. It looks like from the listing on Temu that I got exactly what they show so I can confidently order again to replace pieces I need more of for future projects. At $2.48 for the set that means each piece comes in at less than 8
¢ so a very good deal. I am impressed overall with the quality of the pieces. I did notice that the larger pieces are just slightly thicker than the smaller ones helping to keep everything look more in scale.















As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



2 comments:

  1. Cool dishes. I just ordered a set! Slightly cost more in Canada but still reasonable. Thanks for the ideas. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a side note. Minimum order to ship to Canada is $15. Disappointing

    ReplyDelete