Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature December 2023 Blind Bags

 

Watch the video here.


I have another set of blind bags to open for you today. This set of 10 blind bags were titled as being “Mini food bottles”. I ordered them on October 27 and arrived on November 24, well ahead of the last expected delivery date of Jan 3. I paid around $3 for the set. And like all the blind bags I have shared on my channel I got these from eBay. If you are interested in how I search for the blind bags I show on here I wrote a blog post complete with screen shots of the steps I use to search for them. You can find that post here.




1-The first bag was a bottle of booze and since I had no idea what it was I did Google it just now. Apparently it is a brand of Vodka so now we all know. I do love getting the different shaped bottles in these sets and this one has a nice shape and is fairly well detailed. The cap of the bottle especially has some nice detail in the way of texture.


 



 

2- the bottle of Orange Fanta, a real favorite of mine when I was a kid for sure. The bottle measures in at just over 1 ¼” tall so in real life that would 15” so I think we can call that in scale for a large bottle of soda. This one is going to look great in the fridge of the dollhouse or staged in a scene somewhere.


 




3- our first flat back in the set, this one is a doughnut shape. I think this would be a fun cake for a bakery. It will need some tweaks to the paint job. It is just over ½” in diameter so a bit over 6” in size. A cute but smaller cake.




 

 

4- flat backed french fries. This one will probably either end up as decoration on a sign or as a shaped cake in a bakery scene. It is cute so it has that going for it.


 



 

 5-another flat back this time a slice of pizza, again it might be usable as one of those cool cakes that look like something else.


 

 



 

6- the flat back shampoo bottle. This one does have some possibilities, if it were to be stuck in the corner of a shower in a dollhouse bathroom it might actually pass as a bottle of shampoo.


 


 7- rainbow flat back, this one again could be turned into a cake with very little work. In fact I’m pretty sure I

I've seen a cake that looks just like this one in a real bakery. It would also look kind of cool as wall art especially in a kid’s room scene.




8- the sushi piece, this one is in my opinion the real clunker in the entire set. The colors are awful and it is huge compared to the other pieces. I might have to set myself the challenge of figuring out how to use this and have it make sense.




 

9- the baby bottle flat back. This one is pretty small and could be a cute cake or maybe put on top of a clay cake as decoration. It could also be used as a wall decoration or on a sign for a mini baby shop.


 



 

10-the bottle of pink soda, I looked it up and it looks like the Coca-cola company makes this non-carbonated soda in Japan. It looks really cool and I am going to definitely put it in the fridge in the dollhouse.


 

 


 

So my overall thoughts on the things I got in this batch of blind bags. I will be truthful and say I am a bit disappointed in the content of the bags this time. Way too many flat back pieces. Although that being said I can see a lot of these as cakes in a mini bakery scene so that could be a lot of fun for future projects. The three bottles are really what I was hoping for and I am very happy with those.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment