Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, February 4, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Valentine Gnomess

 


Watch the video here.



I have another free pattern for you to download so you make the project. You can find the file here. In the download there are 3 files: a PDF for hand-cutting of the pieces, a PNG to use with your electronic cutting machine and a text file with handy hints and tips (and the sizing information) to use the PNG.



As with most of these projects I cut all the pieces from medium weight white card-stock, the kind used to make cards and such. This is way more economical than having to purchase a bunch of colors and in my experience the paint colors are a lot more stable than the paper colors. I rarely get noticeable fading with the painted projects.


You are free to use the pattern as many times as you wish and even to sell the finished project. But, please don’t give away or sell my patterns. I spend a lot of time creating them and the only compensation I get is from people watching the videos and checking out the blog post. I really want to keep offering these for free so please if someone else wants to make one send them to the video and blog so they can get their own copy of the pattern.




 

 

To begin we need to glue the units together so that we can build our gnome. I like to use a thin coat of a thick tacky glue because that is what works best for me. The glue will need to dry completely before we move onto the next step.


 

 


Once the glue is dry I like to lay my pieces on a piece of tape tape that it taped to my work surface sticky side up. This will hold the pieces in place while I paint them and while they dry. I actually leave them on the tape until I am ready to glue them together. I also try to group the pieces on the tape by the color they will be painted. This makes painting them much easier.



 

 

The braids were painted with a golden yellow.


 

 


 

 

The package she will hold in white.


 

 


 

 

The nose and hands in a flesh color.


 

 


 

 

The feet/shoes in black.


 

 

 


 

 

And the back/body piece and the hat in red.


 

Take care that you get the edges painted. You may need to use two coats with some colors depending on the look you are after and the paints you use.



Once dry the pieces that will get some decorative painting added get a thin coat of a sealer. For this gnomess I am coating the braids and the hat. I am using some Satin Mod Podge this week because it was handy. Allow the sealer to dry.



 

 

Once the sealer dries some quick details to the braids and some dots on the hat can be added. Allow this paint to dry.


 

 


 

Once the paint is dry I thought it would be fun to add some bows to our little friend using some red embroidery floss. I tied some around each braid using a simple knot and trimmed the ends off. Then in a couple of steps I added ribbons and a bow to the box she will be holding.




 

Now we can start to build our gnomess, I like to start by adding her braids and nose to the hat, this just make assembly easier if these become one piece to work with rather than trying to add them to the body individually. Let this glue set up enough that the pieces won’t shift around when you add to the body. I decided to add the feet to the bottom of the body now also this time.



 

 

Once the glue sets up the hat unit can be added to the body.


 

 

 

 


 

 

Now we can add the box she is holding. I did discover that gluing the hands to the box then gluing the box to the body was much easier. Now allow this glue to dry completely.


 

 

 


 

 

A quick coat of a clear finish and our gnomess is ready to take her place in you next mini display.


 

 

 

 


 

 

And here is the front porch of the dollhouse with our Valentine’s Day decorations in place.




 

As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment