Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Temu Haul

 

Watch the video here.



I really wasn’t sure I would get this video up this week. It took forever to get shipped and then it sat after it cleared customs for longer than I have seen packages sit in the past. Then according the tracking it took a really round-about trip to get to me. Then it reached Fargo where I live and tracking stopped. UPS said they had turned it over to the USPS. Meanwhile the USPS tracking said that UPS still had it. Then out of nowhere I got several messages from the various tracking systems that it had been delivered. Now the made dash to film and edit and upload this so you can all see what I got.


So I have been thinking about getting into UV Resin for several months and I decided that it was time to just dive in.


So what did I get??


 

The UV Resin itself, I got a smallish bottle since I am not sure what I want and how it works or if I will like using it. The bottle I got is 100 g and cost around $6.75. This one says it is crystal clear, non-yellowing and fast cure. I guess as we use it we will find out if those things are true or not. It also says it is odorless, again I guess we will discover that for sure soon.




The light, the other important element of this adventure. I do know in a pinch you can cure UV resin with sunlight but I have heard that takes a very long time. I picked a small light that is charged with a USB cable so I don’t have to plug it in while I am using it. I paid $2.19 for the light. Is this a good light. I have no idea at all. Again this is all new to me and I am going to learn as I go. I figured to start I would get this one and if I find it necessary I will upgrade later when and if I feel the need to.



The gloves, anytime you are working with any kind of resin you should be wearing gloves. I decided to try this set to see how they fit and what the quality is like. As you saw in the video I tried one on and it fits exactly like I hoped it would. I did get a size medium in case you are curious. I paid $1.48 for a package of 10 gloves (5 pair) but now that I know I like them I will definitely be getting a much larger package. And yes they are food safe so the same gloves for in the kitchen and the craft-room is a nice thing.



The tweezers, these are not really part of the resin haul other than I ordered them at the same time. I needed a new pair of tweezers and I happened to see these and just ordered them. They come in 3 colors- the purple, a pink, blue, and white. They cost was only $1.48 so I wasn’t sure how they would be but so far they seem really good. They feel good in my hand and they spring back really nicely.


And the last item the resin pigments I got a set that has 24 colors hoping that I will be able to make anything we decide the dolls need. The bottles are tiny about 5ml each and I have no idea how long they will last. But again this is all new to me and I need to learn more to even know what I need to get. The cost of this set was $5.39.


I decided to take pictures of the bottles grouped by color so you could see what I got.



The neutrals-

 

The yellows and oranges.


 


 

The greens.


 

 


 

 

The purples.



 

The reds.



 

And the blues.


 

 

So I am super excited for this purchase and I hope to be getting some food tutorials up on the channel soon. I was hoping that I would get started with those in January but life happens and the best plans don’t always work out.


So let me know if there are specific foods you want to see.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


1 comment:

  1. Have you ever made a pie in a bottle cap? I think those could be cute with resin

    ReplyDelete