Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature August 2023 Blind Bags

 

Watch the video here.

 


I have another set of blind bags for you today, I ordered this set on July 27th and they arrived to me on August 16th. This set was labeled as “Dollhouse Accessories” and the cost was a bit under $3 (USD).


I have a step by step blog post detailing how I search on eBay for the blind bags which can be found here.





1) the corkscrew, although this one initially looks a bit on the big side I have gotten these before and when I measured they are in scale. I do love any type of kitchen type accessory and having repeats of things like this just means I can make more scenes featuring them. This was a very good start to our blind bag opening today.




 

2) The perfume bottle, another one that we have gotten before. I am thinking I am going to try re-coloring one of these bottles and maybe adjusting the size/shape but another basic piece that will go in many scenes.


 



 

3) This blind bag contained a little empty planter, and I am love with this item. I know we have had this one before but again it is such a basic item that more can be used.




 

4) The clear punch bowl/ footed serving bowl, I think this one might be fun to put some kind of a layered dessert into for the holidays. Let me know your thoughts.


 



 

5) The light brown bottle, this one reminds me of a milk chocolate liqueur I made for Christmas gifts one year (real size) so I do love it. I think we might play around with coloring this one and maybe I’ll show you how to create a label for it sometime.




 

6) Large glass/vase, I think we have had a version of this one that had a handle but I don’t remember getting one that didn’t have the handle on it. I think this would be absolutely lovely re-painted and used as a flower vase.




 

7) The Coke bottle, I know we have gotten a lot of these in the different sets of blind bags but I love them so much because they can be placed in so many scenes to add a touch of “life” they are practically timeless at this point and I love them. (even though I admit to being a Pepsi girl at heart)




 

8) The little pumpkin, I am fairly certain we had one of these in a previous opening video. I can picture two of these (re-painted) as part of a table centerpiece. Perfect for fall.


 



9) The Boba tea, I am fairly certain we had one of these before, I’m not sure if it was the same color or not though. These are a large drink but not so much so as to be totally out of scale. I can picture this on a table/desk next to some kind of paper work or a laptop or a craft project like the doll is enjoying this treat while getting some work done.




 

10) Those glasses….we get these pretty often and they are so out of scale that they are ridiculous. I really need to figure out a creative way to use them, if you have any ideas let me know.




So final thoughts about the blind bags we opened today. I am really happy that within the 10 blind bags I opened there were no repeats. That is a rare occurrence I find. However, I think we have gotten at least 9 of the 10 in previous sets of blind bags. I would have liked to see something new this time.


So let me know what was you favorite piece we got? What would you like to see me make-over in a tutorial?




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment