Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature Apple Gnome

 


Watch the video here.



I have another free pattern for you to download so you make the project. You can find the file here. In the download there are 3 files: a PDF for hand-cutting of the pieces, a PNG to use with your electronic cutting machine and a text file with handy hints and tips (and the sizing information) to use the PNG.



As with most of these projects I cut all the pieces from medium weight white card-stock, the kind used to make cards and such. This is way more economical than having to purchase a bunch of colors and in my experience the paint colors are a lot more stable than the paper colors. I rarely get noticeable fading with the painted projects.



You are free to use the pattern as many times as you wish and even to sell the finished project. But, please don’t give away or sell my patterns. I spend a lot of time creating them and the only compensation I get is from people watching the videos and checking out the blog post. I really want to keep offering these for free so please if someone else wants to make one send them to the video and blog so they can get their own copy of the pattern.



 

 

Glue the pieces together with a thin layer of a thick tacky glue and allow the glue to dry.


 

 

 


Once the glue dries I like to place my pieces on some tape that is taped to my work surface sticky side up. I group the pieces by color that they will be painted.



 

 

The beard is first coated with white paint then I like to add just a few gray streaks to it to add a bit of dimension.



 

 

The hands and the nose are painted in a flesh tone, I still haven’t been able to get a bottle of flesh paint so I mix mine from pale yellow and pale pink.


 

 


 The apple is painted red and once the red dries add some brown to the stem.


 

 


 

The body is painted brown, my brown was a bit darker than I had in mind so I mixed in a touch of the white to lighten it up a bit.


 

 


 

 

The hat gets a coat of a leaf green.


 

 


 

And finally the shoes are painted with some black.


 

 



 

Once the green paint on the hat is dry we can add some yellow and orange random dots to the hat to make it a bit more interesting.

 

 


 

Now we are going to start construction of the gnome by gluing the beard to the body. Do your best to center it side to side on the body piece and make sure the tip of the beard is no lower than the bottom of the body. Now is also a good time to add the shoes on either side of the beard, making sure the flat edge of the shoes lines up with the bottom edge of the body piece. Allow this glue to set up enough that the pieces won’t move around on the next step.


 


 

Once the glue on the last step is set up and the dots we painted on the hat are dry we can glue on the hat. Once you are happy with the placement add the nose to the cut out area at the bottom of the hat. I also glued the apple in place at the same time since I was trying to get as much done between the construction noise that has been constant for the last 2 weeks at my place. Again allow the glue to set up so that everything stays in place.


 

 


 

 

Lastly we can glue the hands in place so that our gnome is holding the apple in front of his body. Now we need to wait until the glue had dried clear before moving to the next step, if the glue is still cloudy when you add the Mod Podge there is a chance that it might remain cloudy.


 

 

 


 

 

Now coat the front of the gnome with a thin layer of Satin Mod Podge and allow to dry. I also like to then give the backside a coat of the same Mod Podge to help finish the gnome and I find it makes the project more durable.


 

 


 

 

 

And now our apple gnome is ready to take his place on the porch of the dollhouse along with all the other apple items we have created in past tutorials.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment