Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Exterior Floor Cube Side 5

 

Watch the video here.



I had so much fun with the floor last week I decided to cover another side of the exterior floor cube this week. This time I went with a wood look for the material but still used just some poster board to make it.



This time I wanted two layers a black bottom layer that was then covered with strips that look like wood. For the black layer it is a simple coat of black craft paint. For the wood look I used a couple of colors of brown as well as a golden yellow and painted on a very streaky coat of paint to look like wood grain. Once cut into the small pieces it will be more convincing than it looks as a large piece.



 

 

Let the paints dry. Once dry cut the piece that is painted to look like wood grain into ¼” strips with the steaks going the long way.


 

 

 


 

 

Once cut it is a simple task to just glue those strips to the black piece leaving a small gap between them. When we are done this will resemble the fake wood tiles that you can buy to cover a real deck with.


 

 


 

 

Once the strips are glued down and the glue has dried (at least mostly dried) cut the piece so that you have strips that have 3 “boards” on each one.


 


 

 

Once cut use one of the wide strips (with 3 boards) to determine the length to cut each one into. What you are wanting is a bunch of square “tiles” that look like they are made of 3 pieces of wood.



 

Now just glue the tiles onto the cube (or in place on your dollhouse patio/deck/porch) alternating the orientation of the boards on the tiles. Continue until the surface is covered trimming as needed at the edges.


 

 


I did add a clear finish to this floor using some Mat Mod Podge to give just a very subtle shine to the flooring.


And there we are another surface of the floor cube covered.


What do you think I should to with the last side? Be sure to let me know if you have an idea.


As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment