Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Pruning Saw


Watch the video here.



I have a fun and easy Trash to Treasure project for you this week. I was just about to toss the empty box from my plastic wrap in the trash when I got the idea to turn that metal piece that cuts the wrap into a pruning saw. This is a pretty easy and quick project. The hardest part is cutting the metal strip with the wire cutters. I wish I had a pair of tin snips because I think that would have worked better but I got it done with the wire cutters.



 

The strip from my box had little holes every ½” that were there to hold it onto the box. This limits the length of the blade we can get from the strip.




 

 

I started by cutting a piece of the strip to work with. Then I cut an angle on one end removing the hole at that end.


 

 

Next I cut away some of the part that will go into the handle and be held by the clay. I bent this so that it would fit inside a handle.



Next I covered the part that will be covered in polymer clay with some liquid clay. Then using some scrap clay I formed a handle.


Once you are happy with the shape bake at the recommended temperature for 10 minutes.


 



 

 

 

And now Mr Doll can go out and get some trimming done in his yard.





 

 

As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment