Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Apple Gnomess


Watch the video here.

 


I have another free pattern for you to download so you make the project. You can find the file here. In the download there are 3 files: a PDF for hand-cutting of the pieces, a PNG to use with your electronic cutting machine and a text file with handy hints and tips (and the sizing information) to use the PNG.



 

As with most of these projects I cut all the pieces from medium weight white card-stock, the kind used to make cards and such. This is way more economical than having to purchase a bunch of colors and in my experience the paint colors are a lot more stable than the paper colors. I rarely get noticeable fading with the painted projects.


 

You are free to use the pattern as many times as you wish and even to sell the finished project. But, please don’t give away or sell my patterns. I spend a lot of time creating them and the only compensation I get is from people watching the videos and checking out the blog post. I really want to keep offering these for free so please if someone else wants to make one send them to the video and blog so they can get their own copy of the pattern.


Once the glue dries put the glued pieces onto a piece of tape that is taped to your work surface and paint the individual pieces.



 

 I painted the back piece with red.


 

 


 

The hair braids with a golden yellow.


 

 


 

The nose and hands with a flesh color.


 

 


 

 

The pie tin with some gray.


 

 


 

 

The pie with a cream color.


 


And the hat with a green.


Let the paints dry.

 

 

Then I came back and gave the pie tin a coat of silver.


And I added some darker red (I had to use a darker on off camera to get look I was after) to create some shadows in the ruffle area of the back.


Again allow the paint to dry.



 

Now we start the assembly of the gnome. I like to start by gluing the hair braids and nose to the hat.


At this time I also glued the pie tin to the bottom of the pie.


 

 

Allow the glue to set up enough that it will not allow the pieces to shift around. It doesn’t have to be completely dry to go to the next step.



 

 

Now we can add some dry brushed golden yellow paint to the pie. We want to make it look baked, just like when we use the chalks to color our polymer clay baked goods. When you are happy set the pie aside to dry.


 

 

 


 

 

Now it is time to add the head to the body. You can make her shorter or taller depending on where you place the head. It’s up to you. Do try to get the head on straight and centered side to side (that seems to be my biggest challenge when building these)


 

 


 

 

 

Next we glue the pie to the gnome and then glue the hands to the pie. Allow the glue to dry at least until you see no remaining cloudy glue areas.


 

 

 


 

 

Now just a quick coat of a clear finish. I’m using Satin Mod Podge today. Be sure to coat both the front and the back. I try to cover the edges with both coats to make sure they are sealed together really well to help hide the fact this is made from multiple layers of card-stock. Allow to dry.


 

 

 


 

 

 

And there she is with the some of our other apple themed items from past tutorials.


 

 

 

 

As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment