Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Sailboat Wall-art

 

Watch the video here.



I have another free pattern for you to download so you make the project. You can find the file here. In the download there are 3 files: a PDF for hand-cutting of the pieces, a PNG to use with your electronic cutting machine and a text file with handy hints and tips (and the sizing information) to use the PNG.



As with most of these projects I cut all the pieces from medium weight white card-stock, the kind used to make cards and such. This is way more economical than having to purchase a bunch of colors and in my experience the paint colors are a lot more stable than the paper colors. I rarely get noticeable fading with the painted projects.


You are free to use the pattern as many times as you wish and even to sell the finished project. But, please don’t give away or sell my patterns. I spend a lot of time creating them and the only compensation I get is from people watching the videos and checking out the blog post. I really want to keep offering these for free so please if someone else wants to make one send them to the video and blog so they can get their own copy of the pattern.


I designed this project to be a quick and easy one. It is really humid where I live and my paints and glues are not drying very well so I didn’t want a project that was going to have to be rushed. This one has just a few pieces and since it is put together in layers the glue dried quickly. With only one paint color that was also a bit quicker and then the thin layer of finish. So you can get this one done in a much shorter period of time.



So we only have two pairs of pieces (a circular frame and a sailboat in a frame) the other piece to cut out is the outer frame strip. Set the strip aside and glue the two pairs together being careful to line up the edges. Be very careful of the area where the sail attaches to the boat. This tiny piece is very fragile and we will be adding some strength to it in the next step. All this glue to dry.



 

 

 Cut a very tiny piece of wood, I used the tip of a flat toothpick, and glue it to the back of the sailboat behind the mast that holds the sail. This will hide back there and keep the sail on the sailboat. 

 

 

 


 

 

Next add some glue to the back of the frame unit and glue this to the front of the sailboat unit. Set this aside to dry completely.



 


The next step is to add the long strip that will be our outer frame for the art piece. This is really simple. Start by running the strip through your fingers to get it to start curling a bit. Then add glue to the inside of the strip and carefully place it around the round art piece. Once you get started the strip will stand up nicely. Make sure it is up against the round piece all the way around and the sides are standing up straight. Then allow the glue to dry.



 

Now on to the single coat of paint. I chose black because I want mine to look like wrought iron, you could make yours any metal like color you wish or add colors to make it more of a painted piece. Allow the paint to dry.


 

 


 

Now just a thin even coat of Mat Mod Podge to all sides and allow this to dry.


 

 

 


 

And there we have another beachy/ocean theme decor piece for the dollhouse. I love it on the porch and I think Mrs. Doll does too.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


1 comment: