Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Halloween Doormat

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



I was looking through a magazine a couple of days ago and ran across an article on decorating real size front porches for Halloween. At the side of the page ware pictures of several items the author of the article was recommending. And among all of these items there was a doormat that stood out to me. First off it was adorable but more importantly my first thought was how easy it would be to recreate in dollhouse size. So here we are, a fun and really quick little Halloween project. The only really time consuming part of this project was waiting for paint to dry.


I used a small piece of some brown felt I had on hand for this doormat. The felt I have is the kind that comes by the yard at the fabric store not the kind that is sold by the square in the craft store. This version is a bit thicker but I am sure either type would work just fine. The color of the felt really doesn't matter since we are painting the entire top surface. Felt is cut 1 ½” by 2 ½” to make nice in scale doormat.


First step is to paint the entire top surface with a nice bright orange paint. I did put on 2 coats to make sure I had a fairly good coat. It doesn't have to be perfect but you want most of the surface covered.






After the orange was dry I used the handle of a paint brush to add yellow dots randomly all over the surface of the doormat. Don't worry too much about where you put the dots you want it to look random and fairly even overall.




When the yellow is dry add 2 larger white dots near the bottle edge.




Once all the other paints are dry we are going to add the details with some black paint. For this since I couldn't find a really thin paint brush that I could really get a precise line from I used a toothpick to paint most of the lines with the black. I also used a paint brush handle to add 4 black dots along the top area. Make these at differing heights. They will be your spider bodies.


All that is left to do is wait for the paint to dry and you can place your adorable doormat in front of the door of your dollhouse.


Also a side note I now have a ton of ideas for other seasonal doormats so expect to see more of them from time to time.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this cute Halloween doormat tutorial.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete