Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Dollar Tree Furniture Flip-Table 2.0

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



Everyone seems to enjoy watching these Dollar Store furniture flips as much as I enjoy doing them so I have another one for you today. This time I am making some alterations to the little table to make the correct height to use as a kitchen of dining room table in the dollhouse.


I had been looking at this little table in my stash for a while trying to think of what to use for the legs that would be cheap and easy to find. Then it hit me, chopsticks! I don't know why it took me so long to figure out the obvious but it did. So here we have it a way to easily make taller but nice looking legs for that table.



The first step is to remove the legs, like with most Dollar Tree pieces this was pretty easy. I do suggest you support the table top because mine was flexing a bit as I removed the first leg. After the first one I sat the table upside down on my work tile to help support the thin table top.

 

Since I found that the pieces that I was leaving were a bit loose I added a touch of glue where it won't be seen when the table is finished to help make it a bit stronger.


Now we need to cut those chopsticks down to 2 ½” form the narrow end. This makes a good finished height for your table.





Then it is just a matter of gluing the legs in place. This is probably the biggest challenge in this project is making sure your legs are straight and your table sits correctly. I do recommend that you check how the table stands as soon as the glue is set up enough to move it. Then place it back upside down to finish drying. You might need to check and adjust a couple of times.


Once the glue dries paint or finish the table however you wish. I just painted with some Raw Umber paint that I have on hand.


Once the paint is dry add a sealer, in my case I used Satin Mod Podge.








And with those simple steps your table is finished.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment