Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Friday, October 1, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Halloween Candy

 


Watch the video here.




I have an extra video for you all today, I was approached by Little Crafty Kitty on You-tube to join her Halloween collab and this is my contribution to it. We are making some simple Halloween hard candies for the dolls in the dollhouse using some polymer clay.


This project is very beginner friendly and only uses 4 colors of polymer clay- black, orange, pearl and translucent. You can use any brand of clay for the colors but I do recommend using the Sculpey brand for the translucent. There are a couple of different brands of translucent clay on the market and for this type of project I find the Sculpey to work the best.


Our clay mixing formulas are as follows:

Black- 2 parts black clay with 1 part translucent

Orange- 2 parts orange clay with 1 part translucent

Pearl- 1 part pearl clay to 1 part translucent


(if you can't get pearl or just prefer to use white instead mix it 2 parts white to 1 part translucent)


I like to use pearl clay on candy because it looks a bit more “sugary” when baked.




Once your clay is baked coat it with a clay friendly clear coat, I used Satin Mod Podge on mine.



Just use the sizes I used as a rough guide for this because these types of candy come in all sizes from tiny to gigantic in real life so you can make what you love.


Also use the colors and designs you love to make this project your own, if you need more inspiration look online for pictures to use to guide you.


This is as project that is just meant to be fun and give everyone a chance to play with their polymer clay.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment