Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Flowers in a Vase

 

Watch the video here.




This week for our Midweek Tutorial I decided to use some of the small flowers and leaves from the Dollar Tree Floral stems I showed last week as well as the UV resin I got a while back and a large glass from one of the Blind Bags and make a vase of flowers.

I had planned to get a chance to play with the resin off camera but I never got around to it. I have to admit I was finding the entire idea of using the UV resin to be a bit intimidating. I have been looking at the bottle ever since I did the video when I showed it to you all. I just couldn’t seem to get over that fear of the unknown so I kept putting it off.



When I was looking at the flowers on those floral stems I decided it was time to bite the bullet and just do this.

Since I also have amassed a rather large collection from the blind bags of things I decided to pick something out of there to use as the vase.

To begin I cut some of the flowers and leaves free from the stems and kind of played around with them off camera to see what I thought would be the best arrangement. Once I had something I thought would work I turned on the camera so I could show what I was going to do.


I will say I am less than happy with the UV light I purchased and if I decide to really get into UV resin I will look for a different one. In the meantime this one is alright.



I decided to use the light lying on it’s side to cure the resin since I didn’t think the UV rays would be able to get through the flowers. The bottle said to cure for 2 to 4 minutes under a light. I left the light on for 4 minutes on one side of the vase then flipped it to the other side for another 2 just to be sure it was going to actually cure for me.



 

 

I am really pleased with how this turned out and now I am really excited to do more with the resin.


 

 

 

As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment