Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Dollar Tree Floral Haul

 


 

Watch the video here.

 

I know I have been absent from YouTube and this blog for a while, I do apologize. Some stuff happened which I will cover briefly at the end of this post. Hopefully I will be able to maintain a consistent schedule going forward from this point.


So for today’s video I decided to do a bit of a haul video of some floral items I picked up recently at Dollar Tree. I do have a tutorial planned using at least some of the items I show today along with some of the planters we have made over the last couple of years on the channel. I hope to get that tutorial filmed and ready for this coming Sunday.


The Dollar Tree I shopped at for this video is brand new (as in I was shopping on the day they opened for the first time) and I found these floral stems in two areas of the store. I am assuming that some are seasonal and some will be regular stock. I don’t remember where in the store each stem came from.



 

 

The “spiky” purple and yellow stems I think will work really well to replicate those stems of blossoms like delphinium and such. I did have to look up the flowers I was thinking of when I filmed. I will need to look up what colors those come in also. I am also thinking that by dry brushing on some green paint over the yellow pieces I can create something that looks like hanging greenery.


 

 


 

 

Next up I showed you a stem of greenery that consists of what looks like a little mini plants with really tiny leaves. I think other than cutting them apart I won’t need to do much with them to get them to look like a real plant.


 

 


 

 

The next stem has both some very tiny pale yellow flowers that are in bunches on the stem. Those I think can be used as is or re-painted in other colors and used. The leaves on this stem should cut down nicely and the very tip of the purple part reminds me of the purple hyacinths I used to have in my flower beds. I know a lot of people grow those in pots also and I think I am going to try to use some of this stem this way.

 

 


 

 

The next stem has a bunch of little leaves, I picked it because the leaves are fairly small, kind of a medium size in 1:12 scale and they look very generic. They will make wonderful “filler” plants in pots or with some flowers added to make larger plants.



 


 

The last stem I almost passed by because the flowers are way too big to use in the dollhouse. However, the spiky part I think can be cut down to make a nice mini flower of some type. The leaves seem to be fabric and I think I will be able to cut them down to make small leaves to go in amongst the other pieces to create greenery “filler” in some of the pots.


 

 

So those are the stems I picked up. I might pick up a couple more before I film the tutorial to go with these. But whatever the case the next video I have planned is a tutorial using at least some of these pieces in some of the various pots and planters we have made on the channel over the last few years, as well as a couple of the pieces from blind bags and some found objects also.


As for where I have been. There was a family tragedy and we learned of the deaths of 2 members of the extended family. That in and of itself was bad but then because of the circumstances of the deaths both my adult kids and I had to watch it unfold in the media. The situation is not completely over as of yet but the worst of it and the shock of what happened has at least passed. I am finally feeling up to trying to get back to creating



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment