Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Kite

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



After I made the wasp nest last week to tuck under the eaves of the dollhouse I decided I wanted to make a kite (or several) to put on the roof of the dollhouse. Just another little detail that helps the dollhouse tell its story.



This is a really easy and cheap project because the materials are so basic. We start with 2 plain round toothpicks. I cut one to 1 ½” long being sure to make a mark at the center point. I marked at ¾” from the end of the other toothpick at the same time. Then using some super glue I glued the two pieces together at the marks.


After this glue dried I added a bit of sewing thread to the joint to make it a lot stronger. This is a simple matter of adding a dot of white glue and wrapping the thread around and around the joint.


Next I separated the two plies of a two ply napkin and glued the kite frame to the back side of the pretty layer. I like to use a thin white glue for this since the paper is so thin. 

 

 

 

Once dry I folded the kite shape and cut off the excess paper leaving just enough to glue to the back to finish the edges. Then glue the edges down.



For a tail I just some embroidery thread but you can use anything you have.


You could add a string to the kite but I didn't this time, maybe next time.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment