Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Building the Beachside Bungalow part 21

 


Watch the video here.

 

 




We start out by making sure the front door of the dollhouse is going to work properly. Many times by the time we are ready to install the door it can be too tight to open and close or so loose it won't stay shut. This is the time to fix both of those issues. 



Next step is to add the “glass” to the door, following the directions from the kit I used super glue for this.





Then after the door is working well and has the glass in place we can glue it into the opening in the dollhouse. Be sure to dry fit it before you put any glue onto the door. Once it is glued in place use some masking tape to hold it in place while the glue dries if you feel you need to. 

 

Once this glue is dry we can glue the interior molding in place and again be sure to dry fit. It is so important on this step to dry fit. I did have to slightly trim the sides just a bit. Without trimming it would have been just a tiny bit too tall to fit well. Be sure that the trim is in exactly the positions you want them to be in before you tape and leave it to dry.



The windows are another pretty easy step of the dollhouse once you have dry fit them to their places just glue them in and tape to hold until dry. I do suggest making sure this glue is dry before you add the “glass” to the window. I followed the instructions that came with the kit and used super glue to add the glass and it seems to be working just fine. Once the glass is in place we can add the interior trim. Since this was already glued together earlier in the project this was also a very easy step. 




As for the baseboard trim I only added that to the top floor. Not only am I short on time this week I have some things that I want to install on the lower floor before I add the baseboard trim and we will be starting some of those next time we work on the dollhouse. 

 





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment