Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Bird's Nest

 


Watch the video here.

 

 




This week for our shorter Tuesday video I thought it would be fun to create a bird's nest to place on the roof to the dollhouse. I haven't decided exactly where on the roof it will live so I just placed it temporarily behind the chimney. You could also place this in a tree or shrub in your dollhouse landscaping.


The one I made is a little on the large size but I wanted you to be able to see what I was doing. You can make yours any size you want. If you want to go really small use a finer size of jute twine and a smaller form. Other than size the process will be exactly the same as I show on the video today.


As I just said I am using some jute twine I got from Hobby Lobby but any twine of a similar color would be fine. You could probably just use tan/brown yarn if that is what you have.


Really all we are doing is coiling a piece of the twine to make a flat disc shape they forming it into a nest shape over the flat backed marble. 

 

 

 

 

For little bits of stuff I used some more of the twine as well as some little pieces of embroidery floss. I needed to completely restock my embroidery floss collection so I picked up a mixed bag of floss at Hobby Lobby a while back. It is Iris brand and here is a closer look at the colors along with their labels with the color numbers. Any brand will do in similar colors. 



This is just a fun project to add yet another detail to the outside of the dollhouse.

 

 


If you have some small (or big) projects you would like to see me tackle let me know what they are.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment