Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Beachside Bungalow Kitchen- 3” Base Cabinet

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



This week we are working on one of the kitchen cabinet kits I recently purchased. This one is the 3” wide base cabinet that has a spot to put either a sink or cook-top into.


The front has 2 fake drawers at the top just like a real cabinet would and it has 2 doors with shelves.


I do want to say again how much I love this set. I do wish there were more informative instructions in addition to the diagram but I still got this done easily. I did have to make one correction (I initially placed the fake drawer fronts upside down) It was an easy fix since I figured it out before the glue had time to set.


As with any kit I recommend you sit down with the instruction sheet, all the pieces included and a pencil. Go through each piece and figure out what every one of them are. Then with the pencil on the backside of the pieces label each one with its number. This will make putting the kit (any kit) so much easier.


Also dry fit every step before you put any glue on anything. Even if I don't show this step I always do it. You will prevent a lot of mistakes by simply dry fitting the parts.


The first construction step of this kit is to build the structure of the cabinet. This consists of the top, 2 sides, 3 shelves and the back brace piece. You do need to do all of these in one step to make sure they are all squared up and that everything fits. Off camera I checked it with my “Lego” block square and then used both tape and clamps to hold everything in place until the glue was dry. Don't rush this step if anything is off in this step the entire piece will be off.



The next piece we add is the filler piece that will hold the drawer fronts in place. This piece just gets glued in to fill the space. Allow the glue time to set up before going on but it doesn't have to be all the way dry if you are careful.




Now we add the drawer fronts, and the pieces that will frame the doors. Work carefully and make sure (again) that everything is in the correct location.


The last pieces to glue onto the cabinet are the pieces with the holes for the hinge pins. Be sure that you align the holes correctly and that they don't get glue in them.





The last construction step is to put the doors together. Each door has 5 pieces. Dry fit and check that you have the long pieces correct. There are 2 different long side pieces that look a lot alike. One has a nice square edge and the other one is slightly rounded and has the holes for the hinge pins. Be sure each door has one of each of these pieces.



That is as far as we a going to go on this piece this week. I am going to construct at least all the kits I already have before I start painting them. 

 

 



Next week we will do another base cabinet kit.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment