Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Mop

 



Watch the video here.

 

 




This week for the Tuesday video we are making a simple little mop for the dollhouse.


You only need a couple of things to make this- some kitchen string and a wooden skewer.




The skewer becomes our mop handle and I cut mine to 3 ¾” long. The string needs to be cut about the same length to make it easier to work with. I had a coaster sitting on on my table so I used that to wrap my string around to quickly measure it. My coaster is right around 4” across you can cut your string any length around that. It all gets trimmed later any way. You will need about 10 pieces of string this length.


Now add some glue to one end of your mop handle and lay the string on the handle lining the ends up with the end of the handle and laying against the handle.


Cut another piece of the string and separate off a couple of threads to coat with glue and use this to wrap the mop strings right at the area where they are glued. Allow this glue to dry. Save the rest of this piece of string you will need it later.




Once the glue is dried I like to comb through the sting a bit to separate it into smaller amounts. This is optional.


Now coat some more of the piece of string you cut earlier with some glue. Now turn all the strings on the mop around so it looks like a mop and wrap again with the glued string.


Now just give your mop a “haircut” and it is ready to display. If you want to make it look more “used” you can cut it at different lengths and stain the string with a bit of coffee to age it.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment