Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature Lemon Garden Flag

 


Watch the video here.



Like always we are starting with a strip of plain white, 100% cotton fabric. I use bleached muslin for my flags, you should be able to find this fabric in any fabric store/department especially if they carry any fabrics geared to quilters. For our flag we need a strip that measures 1” by 3”.



The other item we will need to begin is some paper backed fusible web. This is basically a fabric glue that is heat activated and comes on a sheet of paper making it very easy to use. I prefer the Heat 'N Bond brand. There are other brands in stores and you can use whatever brand you can find. I do recommend you pick one that is designed to hold without sewing. Mine is labeled “Ultra-Hold” this way you won't need to worry about your flag coming apart later. You will need a 1” square of the paper-backed fusible web.



 

 

Follow the directions on your fusible web product to form your flag.


 

 

 


 

 

I wanted to make this a shaped flag so I used my circle template to draw a half circle t the bottom to use as a cutting guide.


 

 

 

 


 

 

Now we will need to paint our flag on both sides with some white craft paint. This will seal the fabric so that the lines in our next step stay crisp and don’t bleed into the fabric. Allow to dry.


 

 

 


 

Now I like to add a line where the lemon slice area and the top of the flag meet, at the top of the rounded area. This allows me to get my stripes placed more accurately.


For my strips I used some bright blue paint and a slim stick to act as a spacer foe my lines. I painted diagonal lines on the top of the flag going one direction. I then set it aside to dry.


 


 

 

 

Once the first lines are dry paint the diagonal lines going the other way. And allow to dry.


 

 

 

Now repeat these lines on the other side of the flag. Allow to dry completely.


 

 

 

Now if you feel the need to do any corrections use a tiny brush and some white paint to neaten up the lines on the top of your flag and allow to dry.



 

 

 

Now using some bright yellow paint fill in the rounded bottom area of the flag. This will be the yellow parts of the lemon. I find it much easier to paint the white details on to a solid yellow area than to paint it white and try to get the yellow parts lined up correctly. (Also my yellow is somewhat translucent this is easier for that reason also)

 

 


 

Now we can add the white lines onto the yellow lemon area of the flag. I like to sue a pencil to help me with placement. Do draw your lines just barely dark enough to see them. I made mine for the video much darker than I would have normally so the camera could pick them up. That made them much harder to cover with the white paint. I think I needed 3 or possibly 4 coats of white to cover them.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Allow the white to dry.

 




 

Check if you feel you want to do any corrections with s a tiny brush and the same paints we used earlier for the design.



 

 

 

Once the design is the way you want it and the paint has dried you are ready to display your garden flag on your flag bracket on your dollhouse.





 

 

As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment