Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Beachside Bungalow Kitchen- The Oven Cabinet

 


Watch the video here.

 



This kit is part of the Houseworks Kitchen Collection and can be found here. I am working on several of the pieces on the channel to build the kitchen in the Beachside Bungalow.


So this week we put the Oven Cabinet together. I like this piece for several reasons on being it adds some height to the kitchen and will allow the wall cabinets that come later a piece to kind of anchor them.


The cabinet has 2 areas each with a door and an opening to place the Oven Door kit from the same collection. 

 

 



The kit goes together pretty much like all the others in the set. The big difference being it is more difficult to keep the unit square because of the shape. The height combined with the narrow size make it want to go a bit wonky. It was easy to work with once all the pieces were together but it definitely needed to be taped. I also let the glue dry all the way before taking off the tape and adding the trim pieces. This one really needs the drying time.


As I was doing my dry fit before I turned on the camera it did seem that one of the long side trim pieces was slightly warped. Not much just a tiny bit. I was able to still get it in place with the glue and some careful clamping.



I did run into an issue I have not had in any of the other kits so far- the smaller of the 2 doors was just a tiny bit short for the opening. I have checked multiple times and all the parts appear to be glued correctly so I am not sure what happened. I think because of where it will be placed it won't show a lot so I think it will be fine. The gap is really small but it is there it you look at it straight on.


I did show how the oven door will fit into the cabinet and I am really looking forward to getting all the pieces finished and installed in the dollhouse. I think it is going to look really nice.








As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment