Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Halloween Sign

 

Watch the video here.

 

 




Paints, brushes, and Mod Podge used in this tutorial were provided free of charge by the manufacturer.


I thought it would be fun to make a fun little Halloween project this week for our Tuesday tutorial. I have been seeing these signs everywhere in real life decorating so I figured the dolls would want to get one too.


I used a simple craft stick for the base, mine came from the dollar store so it is a bit smaller than the ones we are all used to getting from the craft store. Either would work, you could even make a larger sign from a jumbo craft stick.


I used some Multi Surface paint from Folk Art in the color Vivid Orange. Any orange would do for this project. I do love how bright this one is though.




For the letters, if you have wonderful handwriting just write the word either with a small brush or a paint pen. I don't have wonderful handwriting so I used these tiny letter stamps. These are fairly easy to find at most craft stores that sell any kind of rubber stamps. I use my rubber stamps with both ink and paint I am just careful to thoroughly clean them after each use.

 

 If you haven't used stamps before they are really easy to use and can be a lot of fun. Just be sure the paint is only a very thin coat and only on the face of the area to be stamped, keep all paint (or ink) off the rest of the stamp to avoid making a mess.




Once I was happy with the letters and the paint was dry I painted the edges of the sign using the same Apple Barrel Black paint I used to stamp the word. I did this before cutting the sign to length because it is so much easier at this point. Once this paint dries cut the sign to the length you want then paint the ends.




Once all the paint was dry I gave the sign a nice coat of matte Mod Podge and allowed to dry.




This sign can either be leaned against the wall of your dollhouse or hung on the wall.


If leaned against the wall this would look really cute on the porch of your dollhouse. If you want to hang it I would recommend the white poster putty that is sold near the office supplies in many stores.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment