Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Beachside Bungalow Kitchen- 1 ½” Base Cabinet with Door

 


Watch the video here.

 

 





This week we tackle another of the kitchen cabinet kits I purchased. This time it is a 1 ½” wide cabinet with 1 door and a drawer. The hardest part of this was probably trying to decide which way I wanted to hinge the door. LOL


The process was pretty much the same as the previous kits so hopefully you aren't bored by this by now. I did run into a problem which I tried to explain both the cause and the fix for. The area was just too small for me to really show what I was doing. In a nutshell I had neglected to wipe out the glue from the
inside where the drawer slides in. I got distracted and just forgot. So when the glue dried that little bit of extra space it took was too much for the drawer to slide in. it did take me a few minutes to realize what had happened. 

Once I knew the cause of the issue I had to figure out how to fix it. In the end I was able to use a dental pick (this is a great addition to your craft tool box) and some of my pointed clay tools. I then wrapped a screwdriver with some sandpaper and sanded off most of what I couldn't pick out. Since the spot was still really tight I sanded off a bit of the back corner of the drawer and now everything fits. The area of the drawer I sanded off isn't noticeable unless you take the drawer all the way out of the cabinet.


Like all the other cabinet pieces I will be adding the finish at a later time when I have all or most of the rest assembled.













As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment