Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Paint Test New Paints

 

Watch the video here.


I was walking through the Dollar Tree and checking out the new things that were out for fall and Halloween. I happened to notice a box shoved in a corner of a lower shelf that was almost empty that contained bottles of acrylic paints. The firs thing I noticed was the bottles did not look like the normal ones I see at Dollar Tree on the craft aisle. And indeed, these were Delta brand Ceramcoat paints!! I immediately grabbed the box and dug through the few bottles in it. I was able to come away with 5 bottles of brand name paints in what appear to be special Halloween colors. All for $1.25 each. I was very happy indeed and had to share them with all of you as soon as possible.


I did try to find the paints on the Dollar Tree app to see if there were more colors available but they don’t even show up on the app so I have no idea if there should be more than the 5 I got or not. I will be checking for more on each trip to the store for sure though.


Since I wanted to see what these look like I decided to do a paint test/swatch of them and share that with all of you too. I am really excited about these color and I am especially excited to get to use at least 2 of the colors soon.


To do the swatches I made a “swatch card” from some of the 140lb watercolor paper that I have been using for my paint test swatches. This time I had a piece in my scrap bin on my table and used it. It measures about 6” by 6” and I drew a grid of 2” square boxes to test the paints in. I felt the 2” size would give me plenty of room to test the paints and add the color names. And also I have plenty of room if I want to test other colors on the same card in the future.


Here is what each color looked like, all the swatches have 3 coats in the finished swatch.



 

Lime Green Metallic- like all metallic paints (at least in my experience) this one is very translucent. Even with the 3 coats it is still not as opaque as I would like so when I use this color I will need to remember to add an undercoat of a more opaque color. The metallic sheen is nice on this color but not super shiny.


 

 


 

 

Black Metallic- this color is the most opaque of the all the colors I swatched today and I can see me using this on lots of projects in the future. Anywhere I want the look of a black metal this will be my go-to color. Three coats of this color gave really good coverage.


 

 


 

 

 

Dark Purple Metallic-as far as opacity this one is the middle of the 3 tested today. I love this color and I am sure I will get a lot of use out this one as well.


 

 

 


 

 

Orange Glitter- as I expected this paint is orange glitter suspended in a clear paint base. For a complete coverage using a make-up sponge to apply it will probably give the best results. Otherwise for a light glitter haze a regular brush would be fine. All the glitter flecks are orange in color in this.


 

 


 

 

Violet Glitter- pretty much the same as the orange with just a change of glitter color. The glitter flecks are mostly dark purple with some pinkish ones sprinkled in. overall a very pretty color.


 

 

 

So are these worth the price? I think so especially the metallic ones, I can see using those in many projects year round particularly the black one and to a slightly lesser degree the purple one. The green will probably not get as much use but still fun to have. The glitter ones, I’m not sure how much or where I will use them but they are fun and I am sure they will turn up in projects from time to time.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


1 comment:

  1. Nice paint. You could add a coat of the orange glitter to one of the pumpkins you just did! :D

    ReplyDelete