Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Paint Test More New Paints

 

Watch the video here.



I was checking out the Christmas craft aisle at my local Dollar Tree and found another box of holiday colored paints from Delta Ceramcoat on the shelf. I was actually looking for them this time after randomly finding the fall ones a couple of weeks ago. This time I got to the box before anyone else because the box was full! I found 6 colors of paint (3 metallic and 3 glitter) so I assume I missed a glitter color in the fall ones. I knew I had to grab one of each color and share them with all of you.


The glitter paint colors are:



 

 

Starry Silver: this is a really pretty silver glitter paint that blotted on like I did with the swatch is very pretty and sparkly. Do note that I only did the one coat I on the glitter colors. So if you blot on these paints fairly heavy they look great. This glitter is nice because all the sparkles are silver with not other colors included.


 

 


 

 

Gold Crown: again remember this is just 1 coat of the paint blotted on the area. This is a nice neutral gold color glitter again with just the gold sparkles included. Depending the base color you put this over you could get some fabulous affects.


 

 


 

 

 

Sparkling Red: this is a cooler red (just a bit on the blue side of the color range but still a red) and again just the red sparkles. Very pretty color.


 

 

The Metallic colors are:



 

 

 

Silver Bell: this silver has a slight cool (bluish) tone to it. Even the first coat of the color covered pretty well. I only did 2 coats on all the swatches this time. So for a metallic color this one has fantastic coverage.


 

 


 

Festive Gold: this is a warmer gold coming in as a close match for my golden yellow color I use a lot as an undercoat for gold paints. It is very different in tone from any of my other gold paint colors and could also be used if a brass finish was desired with a proper undercoat of a warm color. This was the most translucent of the 3 metallic colors I tested today.


 


 

 

 

Holiday Green: this is a cooler green and very pretty. As far as the opaqueness this one was in the middle of the 3 I tested today.




I am keeping my fingers crossed that Dollar Tree continues to carry these types of paints for the different holidays going forward. I will be keeping my eyes on the holiday craft aisles in the future.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

1 comment:

  1. Does anyone worry about environmental impact? Forever plastics? Are there lines of paint that are better for the environment and long term. I know glitter is pretty but I think that the impact is worth considering. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete