Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature May 2023 Blind Bags

 

Watch the video here.


Today I have another blind bag opening video for you. Before we talk about the items that were in those cute little bags I wand to just say I am sorry for being missing for the last few months. I have been struggling with both depression and burn-out. I am hoping to slowly get back on schedule with the tutorials. Please just be patient a bit longer.


Now onto the blind bags. First a bit of information about what they are and where I get them. I buy my blind bags from eBay and they come from China. They are super cheap and a lot of fun to do. It is kind of like Christmas with all the little packages to open. Depending on the time time of year they can take a long time to arrive. That is worst around the holiday season. The set I am opening today was purchased on April 26th and were expected to arrive between June 7th and August 3rd. They actually arrived around May 20th. The cost was around $2.50. They were listed as “Dollhouse Miniature Accessories” In the past this particular type of blind bag has resulted in a mix of really cool minis and a bunch of stuff that is way out of scale or not really usable without a lot of work.


If you are interested in how I look for the blind bags I have a blog post with screen shots where I take you step by step through how I look. You can find that post here.


Now lets look at what I got.



 

1- little pumpkin, this I think will be wonderful in a fall table top decoration of some type. I plan to put it in my box of fall decor items so that I will remember to do a makeover on it when the time time comes.


 

 


 

2- pitcher, this would be really fun to fill if it was made a bit differently. The open area is only half way down the depth of the pitcher so it will remain empty. It will however look wonderful in the dollhouse kitchen. The scale is pretty good so it will go nicely.




 

 



 

 

 

3-bubble tea, this is a bit big but really that much. It would be a large drink but I do have water containers that are similar in shape that would be about the same size. The straw definitely needs to be trimmed.


 

 

 


 

 

 

4- corkscrew, I love this one, it is so detailed and it looks nice. I think it would look really nice in a scene with a mine bottle of wine and some of the wine glasses I have been collecting from the blind bags.


 

 


 

 

 

 

5-eyeglasses, these are probably Barbie size and we have gotten them in previous sets of blind bags. As part of a costume or as part of a sign they might work though.


 

 


 

 

6- coke bottle, these are always welcome. I love to put them on nearby surfaces when I set up scenes with the dolls doing something. It just makes it look more real. They would also look good in the fridge or in a grocery bag.


 

 

 



 

 

 

7-plant pot, this is going to be fun to fill, I have been thinking about making a few plants and this will be really fun to fill.


 

 


 

 

8- bottle of ???, not sure what we will decide to say this is but it needs a label so we can figure it when the time comes. I’m pretty sure it is made from the same mold that is used for the wine bottles so the possibilities are endless.


 

 

 


 

 

 

9-mug and glass, these are cute and I don’t remember getting them before. Will look great in many scenes or to fill the cabinets in the kitchen.




 

10-perfume bottle, this will look lovely in either the bedroom or bathroom. A bottle of expensive perfume, I do love the bottle. I haven’t decided it I am going to leave the label or make a custom one at some point.


 

 

 

 


Here are all the things we got together. I am really happy (much happier than I expected to be) we only got one piece that I probably won’t use. The rest will be fun to work into the dollhouse as time goes on.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you, noticing that your posts were missing. I wish you the best of health and again, thank you so much for your wonderful, inspiring tutorials. A big hug from a longtime fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne, Sorry to hear about your setback, get better soon. Is that a glass inside the clear pitcher? cmcrist1@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete