Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Crashed Witch

 


Watch the video here.

 

 




I really wanted to do a Halloween project for today's tutorial but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Then while I was out for my walk and thinking about Halloween decorations I remembered the crashed witches. I have always wanted to have one in real life but didn't want to bother with storing it from year to year. In mini I can have the decoration and not have to store a human size decoration. Perfect!


So this one did take me a couple of tries to get started. I made one about halfway to get the process figured out. I did have to do some thinking on my feet at toward the end of the video. I hope you don't mind my thought process as I worked out a couple of bugs with the witch. I left them in for two reasons 1- I am hoping you can see how I worked out some steps and use that in your own projects and 2- I was simply running out of time filming this. Normally I have the Tuesday video already uploaded and scheduled by end of the day on Friday. This last week that didn't happen and then on the days I had time to film it there were so many things going on around me that were very noisy that it was hard to get this filmed.


So I started with the hands and shoes. These I felt would be easiest to make from polymer clay. I formed them on toothpicks that had been dipped in TLS. I can't tell you specific clays I used because I just grabbed out of my scrap clay bag. You will need a black for the shoes and a green (or what ever color you want) for the hands.


By pre-baking the “fingers” they can be easily added to the hands and then all is baked together. The shoes were fun to figure out and I think I will be using the same method at Christmas for some elf shoes.


Once the clay was baked I did paint the “legs” with some orange paint. You can do yours in whatever color you choose.




For her hat I used two types of paper. A heavy black card-stock for the brim, which was cut into a 1 ½” circle. And a very lightweight black paper that I used for the top of the hat. This was cut into a 2” circle which I cut in half. I formed the half circle into a cone which was then glued to the circle of card-stock. I used a piece of a cotton ball to help hold the tiny edges together.


Once this was dry I added some orange glitter to the hat kind of like a hat band, after-all I think our witch would want to sparkle a bit. The glitter I used was some nail glitter from the dollar store, this is a good source for fun glitters that are inexpensive and usually small amounts.


I wanted to add a very simple broom for our poor witch. For this I started by making a small very quick tassel from tan embroidery floss. I then added a toothpick handle. I think this same method could be used to make a decorative broom like those cinnamon scented ones that are sold at this time of year in the craft stores.


I used some simple paper tubes for the arms of our witch. I really didn't measure much of anything I just went by how I felt it should look.


I used a standard size craft stick to act as a base to build the witch on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 I added some more of the cotton ball to pad her out a bit.

 

 

 

 I also used a bit of the cotton ball to help glue the legs on.





I used more of the thin paper to wrap the body of the witch to cover everything up and make it look neater.





The finishing touch was a cape made from the same lightweight paper.






I love how she turned out.






As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


1 comment:

  1. She is very cute! I've seen the full size ones wrapped around a hydro pole but the little one I think has more imagination. Good idea. :0)

    ReplyDelete