Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Wood Glue Review

 


Watch the video here.

 

 




Since I have been using this wood glue on the dollhouse build here on the channel I thought I would take a couple of moments to share my thoughts on the glue. I had purchased the bottle of glue a while back to do a non-mini project. When the time came to work on the dollhouse I figured I might as well use what I had. The other project was fairly small and I hadn't really formed any kind of opinion on the glue.


With the dollhouse build I have used about two thirds of the bottle of glue and I have some opinions on the glue.


So the glue we are talking about is the Gorilla Brand Wood glue. The bottle I have is the 8 oz size, it is the size I usually see, I don't know if there are other sizes available or not. The price I see most often seems to be right around $6. And most places that have wood glue seem to have it when I have been looking.


As far as the glue goes I really like it. It goes on easily and smoothly. It dries just fine and in a timely manner. And so far it seems to hold just fine.


The biggest complaint I have it the nozzle thing (or whatever the correct term is)


The part of the lid that goes up and down glues itself onto the bottle very easily. When I mentioned that on a video a while back I got several messages from viewers that told me it had done the same thing for them. The top can be raised with a pair of pliers but that is a slight hassle. I did try putting some Petroleum Jelly on the bottle hoping to keep able to open (just like I do with most containers of paint) and that was a fail. Now the top won't stay on at all.


I do find the easiest way to use the glue is to pour out some onto a pallet and used a wood skewer to apply it. I might see if I can find a different bottle to transfer the glue to that has a better designed top.


Also the little loop shaped part of the lid that is under the pull up part tends to misshape about the first time you have to use pliers to lift that stuck lid.


I know for a fact I will be buying another bottle of this glue in the future since overall I lake it much better than any other wood glue I have tried in the past. I just wish they would fix the issues with the top of the bottle.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanne! I know what you mean about the clogging nozzle - I have to clean mine with a wet wipe after every use or I find it near impossible to open the next time. I have resorted for this and other reasons to fill a smaller bottle with the glue. Here is the one I bought:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TQ6MM9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    I love being able to switch out the size of nozzle according to the job. I find my work is way less messy and I conserve more glue, too! Hope that's helpful!

    ReplyDelete