Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Building the Beachside Bungalow part 15

 

Watch the video here.

 

 




The first thing to do this week is get any interior walls into the dollhouse. The kit comes with 3, I am only going to use 1. In my opinion this floor plan is just too small to divide into that many rooms. The bottom floor will be one open room containing a family room and open kitchen. Then upstairs there will be a bedroom and a bathroom.


My wall for upstairs was a bit too big to fit in, I'm not sure why, it could be a number of things. All it took was some sanding on the edges to get the fit just right. I allowed 6” for the bathroom at the end away from the stairs. The rest will be the bedroom. The stairs will come directly into the bedroom.




I do have some plans for under the stairs but that will come later. Since stairs are always one of the last things to be installed.


I like to run a line of tape-wire 1” above the floor all the way around the building in all rooms. To aid in drawing the placement line for this tape-wire line I made myself a little tool. It is a simple thing to make and will make drawing that line really easy. I have made similar tools in the past and I have also used a short piece of 1” wide wood for this too. This time I am going to put the tool I made directly into my box of wiring supplies so I don't have to make one next time I want to wire a dollhouse or roombox.


The other two placement lines I drew today were connecting the first floor tape-wire line to the one on the second floor and one next to the door for the front porch light.


The only ceiling light I am planning to install in the house will be in the kitchen area. I am really hoping I can place it underneath the bathroom. Since I am planning to cover the wood floor in the bathroom with something more fitting to a bathroom I will be able to hide the wire for that light under that floor.


The rest of the house will probably have a combination of table and floor lamps with a couple of wall mounted lights in the bathroom.


I was really hoping to start the wiring process this week but I ran into a bit of a glitch in that plan.


You see I knew I had everything I needed to wire the house. I had checked my wiring supplies box and in there I had a transformer, a lead-in wire, a junction splice, tape-wire, brads, grommets, and a test probe. I decided to test those and it is a really good thing I did. Something in that group isn't working. I know the tape-wire is fine but, either the transformer, lead-in wire, junction splice or test probe is not working. I really am not sure which of those it is. So I placed orders to get replacements along with a couple of other things I needed to get anyway. I had to place two orders since I couldn't get everything I needed in either of the places I was ordering from. I am hopeful that both orders will arrive in time to film for next week.


As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment