Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Dollar Tree Furniture Flip-Table

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



This week I am tackling another piece of the Dollar Tree furniture I recently purchased. This time the table is our subject. I am not sure how the folks at Dollar Tree planned on this piece being used. If they intended it to be an actual table for the dolls to sit at they missed their mark by a lot.


I did some measurements of the table and found it is 1 ½” tall, 4 ¼” long, and 2 ¾” wide. At this height it is the perfect size to be a coffee table in the dollhouse so that is the direction I took it. If you wanted to use it for a dining table it would only be a matter of changing out the legs, I might do that in a future video if anyone wants to see it.


I am in the beginning stages of really figuring out the interior of the Beachside Bungalow and the style I am going to try to use in it. So that is how this table was finished. I do hope to use it in the project when the time comes.


The name I most often see associated with this style is “Coastal Farmhouse” so I did some googling for inspiration. A lot of the furniture pieces, especially the tables had distressed finishes with a cream or white being the main color and various shades of blue as the accent color that has been revealed. Personally I love this look so I was excited to get started.


The first step of any project is the prep work and this table is no different. First off I needed to straighten out one of the legs, it was very crooked. Fortunately for us they use very cheap glue on this stuff so a couple of minutes with my heat gun and the leg popped off easily. Then after cleaning off the remaining glue it was a simple matter to glue it in place correctly.


Next up a bit of sanding to get rid of some of the roughness on the piece. This table was one of the worst I've seen as far as the wood being rough but the between the sanding sponge, some sandpaper and an emery board it was better in no time. 

 

 



Now it was time for a nice thorough coat of the base paint, Admiral Blue by Apple Barrel. I do love this color and it looks so pretty peaking through on the edges of the finished table. 

 

 

 

 



After the base coat dried I did 2 coats of the cream paint(Vanilla Cream by Anita's) I wanted this layer of paint to look good in the areas I didn't distress.









I let this dry thoroughly then used the same sanding sponge on the edges to reveal the blue paint in areas that would show some wear. I also did a light sanding of the top so it just barely shows there too. 



After a good wipe with a paper towel and a coat of satin Mod Podge the table is finished and ready to use.


I do love this little table.


As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment