Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Building the Beachside Bungalow part 05

 

Watch the video here.




This week we start out with gluing the front of the house to the shell. I was really worried that things wouldn't line up correctly since I couldn't actually check inside the house the way I had it laying on my table. I did my best to look as much as I could and I was somewhat confident that it was lined up. So when I turned it over to that yes, it had indeed lined up really well I was very happy.




Since this area was easy to line up and gravity was working with me instead of against me I didn't feel the need to use my “2-glue” method.




Same with when we go the point of gluing the shell to the foundation, gravity helped to hold until I could add weights. And once again I am very happy with the way everything lined up. It is really starting to look like a house.












I decided to go ahead and do the marking of the roof pieces for the shingles today too. It needs to be done before we glue the pieces onto the house. I am holding off on priming the outside roof pieces because I just haven't decided what color my roof will be. I want to make sure I prime the roof in a color that is close to the color of the shingles. That is just in case my shingles don't line up perfectly I didn't want white primer showing between my shingles. Right now I am leaning toward a gray tone for my roof but I haven't decided. I think once I paint the outside of the house I will put a poll up on the Facebook page and have you guys let me know what you all think.




Note from future me:


If you are reading this now, I just want to say I actually marked the wrong side of the front roof piece and the porch roof piece. I'll explain more about that in part 9 of this series, (should be released on April 11, 2021)





No comments:

Post a Comment