Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Mini Haul

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



This month I have a short haul of the stuff I needed to purchase to start putting the electric tape-wire system in the Beachside Bungalow. In case you missed the video a couple of weeks ago I thought I had everything I needed to get started then when I did a last minute test of what I had it didn't work.


Since it wasn't working I had no idea what part was at fault so I decided to just order a new set of everything (except tape-wire) and start with fresh pieces.


I don't have a mini store close by started by placing an order with Hobby Builder's Supply (miniatures.com) I was able to get most of what I needed. They were out of stock on the lead in wire the day I placed my order.


That was okay though because I had several things in my online shopping cart over at the Hobby Lobby site and they had the lead in wire in stock.


So I placed both orders and then it was just a matter of waiting for the mailman to bring my goodies to me. The HBS order arrived first so that is where I started the haul.


From them I got-


The junction splice (you can find it here) this is what allows us to connect the electricity to the tape-wire.






A new transformer, (you can find this one here) I decided to go with the one that can handle up to 16 bulbs. I am not sure how many lights I will be using but my guess is somewhere between 12 and 15 so this should be the perfect size. I will do a video later where I go into to detail on all these components and how to choose the correct ones. The transformer is what plugs into the electrical outlet in your real home and powers the dollhouse with the correct amount of power.



Test probe (you find this here) another must have when wiring or troubleshooting a wiring system. They are not very expensive and since I really am not sure which item I had that was not working I decided it was worth ordering a new one.





Porch light (you can find this one here) I wanted just a simple porch light for this house. The front porch light is almost always the first light I install in the system since it needs to be wired under the wallpaper from the inside of the house. I had another one I wanted to find but everywhere I looked for it was sold out. The one I wanted was just a bit bigger and painted white instead of the black. What do you think? Should I keep this one black or paint it white? I still haven't decided.


And lastly from HBS was a tub of wallpaper gel.(you can find it here) Since I don't have any type of paste/glue for the wallpaper on hand I decided to give this one a try. We will find out together on a future video what I think and how it works.





The last item in the haul was a lead-in wire for the transformer. This is what connects the transformer to the dollhouse. One end screws onto the transformer and the other end plugs into the junction splice. Again we will go into much more detail in a later video. I ordered this one from Hobby Lobby since I already had an order to place and HBS was out of stock when I placed the rest of my order.







As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment