Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Let's Assemble a Dollhouse Door

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



I have a really short video for you today. I thought I would set up the camera when I put the front door for the dollhouse together. The door was provided as part of the house kit. It is a rather simple door, not necessarily the one I would have chosen for the house but it will be just fine. The door has a oval window in the door. 


I admit I did manage to loose one of the hinge pins. I had a couple of ideas for what I could use in its place but I decided to contact the manufacturer of the dollhouse kit. They did give me a couple of ideas the first and the one I did was to use the sharp area of a thumbnail or pushpin. The other option they gave was a short piece of wire cut from a paperclip. I am pretty you could also use a small piece cut from a sewing pin.


I did need to do a bit of sanding to make the door fit the door frame. I had figured this would be happen. I wanted to give the edges of the door some of the trim color and even I did sand off the majority of it a few spots but there is still enough to the paint to give the illusion that it is still painted.

I do want to assure you that it is not nearly as difficult to put that hing pin in as it looked on the video. You just need to get it up to where you can actually see the holes to line it up.


I will still need to put the glazing into the door and I will need to add a doorknob in the future also.


As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment