Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Building the Beachside Bungalow part 10

 


Watch the video here.

 




This week was really all about waiting for paint and glue to dry. I decided to tackle the little pieces of trim that will go on and around the roof area. While I was at it I also assembled the two window frames and their interior trim. All of those pieces went together fairly easily. For whatever reason I couldn't get my act together to film it but I have few if any problems with the project. Well, I did manage at one point to glue the super glue tube to my index finger really well. That was one way to discover that my tube of glue had sprung a leak I guess. LOL Nothing a bit of nail polish remover couldn't fix though.


Then we were on to priming and painting all those pieces along with the front door unit. I figured we might as well do all of these this week even though we won't be installing the windows or the door for a while.


To paint the door we need to un-assemble it. Be sure to put those two hinge pins in a safe place. My favorite thing to do with them is to tape them to the bottom of the door frame. Just don't forget where you put them, they are really important later.


We do want the bottom of the door taped off because we want bare wood to glue the door in and also we don't want to take up space with paint. The sides of the door frame that will slide into the hole on the house shell are just coated with a very thin coat of paint. Also be careful to only put the thinnest coat of paint on the rounded edge of the door. If you put too thick a coat of paint in any of these areas you run the risk of the door not fitting/working properly when we install it.


My favorite way to handle all the small pieces that had to be painted is to use some masking tape to hold them onto a large ceramic tile. I even labeled each set of pieces so I know what is where. I am hoping that will make installing them next week go a bit faster.


 

We need now need to give everything a light coat of primer then when that is dry sand any rough spots.






Next we repeat this step with our trim color.


I did find that the trim paint also raised the grain on a few pieces so I did more sanding and another coat of paint. 





I will keep repeating this until I am happy with the finish.


Since we will have to set the dollhouse up on the table upside down in order to paint the eaves and install the trim pieces that will have to wait until next week.


I hope you are enjoying the series so far and hopefully learning so tricks that will help you out in your next dollhouse build. I want to thank everyone for taking the time to watch the videos and read the blog. It means a lot to me. If I could ask you all a favor and that is to pass the links to the channel and blog on to your friends that do dollhouses so that the channel can continue to grow.


That's all for this week, see you next time.





1 comment: