Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Dollhouse Miniature Tool Box


I realized two things last night. One that Father's Day is coming next weekend. And second that I very seldom do project that are for the guys that live in our dollhouses. So I decided in honor of Father's Day and all the dads in our lives that I would come with special project.



One of the first ideas I had was to make a tool box, I thought it would be a fun and easy project. I was careful to keep this one simple and only used things that are easy to find.

We start out by making holes in each end of a regular size craft stick for the handle to eventually go through. I just used a drill bit to make the hole. On the little tiny ones like this I find I don't really need any tools other than the drill bit. I will warn you though it is a bit hard on the fingers.

The tool box on the video was actually the second attempt, on the first one I discovered that making the bottom two layers thick makes it much easier to construct the box.

I cut the base 1 ½” long (make 2) and glued/clamped them together. This gives us an edge that we can glue the next pieces to.

The ends are cut 1” and glued to each end of our base.

Sides are make of the jumbo (wide) craft sticks and cut at about 1 7/8”, I find it is easier to sand them to size than to cut them exactly to fit and then get them lined up. With regular wood it is much easier but the craft sticks tend to warp.

The handle is just a toothpick, wait until the glue dries to cut the excess off the ends.

This tool box is super simple to make and goes together fairly quickly. Really most of the time is spent waiting for the glue to dry.

Painting is optional, I like the blue color I picked out for mine.



1 comment: