Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Dollhouse Miniature Vanity Mirror


You might be noticing that this week's Sunday tutorial is showing up on Wednesday. I was out of town most of last week and just didn't have time to get a video filmed over the weekend.



So I decided to show you how to make some really cute little vanity mirrors. I came up with this project several years ago when I was still active in a lot of the mini swap groups. I was in a swap that was themed for something like a ladies dressing table. I knew that most people would probably be making perfume bottles from beads (I was right) and I wanted to do something different. I decided that a small mirror would be really fun. I started playing with some of the items in my stash and this is basically what I came up with.

For each mirror you will need some fairly thin wire, 2 bugle beads and a small mirror. I have changed these up a couple of times by putting a frame around the mirror but for the tutorial I wanted to keep it really basic.

You will also need something to cut the wire and some glue. I also used some small jewelry pliers but they are optional.

The only requirement for the glue is that it is designed to hold beads. Look for something that says it will work for jewelry making and beading. I like the GS Hypo cement but there are a lot of other glues that would work. I did add a drop of my Gorilla super glue to help the bead stay in place since the other glue takes a while to dry.

You can dress these up just by using different color beads and wire on the back. Or like I said earlier make a frame for the mirror.

I have tried to make these larger with mixed results. The mirrors I used were the ½” square ones so they translate to a 6” square mirror in scale. I have also used ¾” mirrors and they worked really well (I think I had some rectangular shaped ones once too that were ½” by ¾” and they were wonderful) If you move up to 1” square the mirrors get a bit heavy for the wire that will work.



So how is this for a simple and really inexpensive project?

I hope you enjoyed the project remember I would love to see what you are working on. Be sure to either post pictures of your projects on the Facebook page (here's the link) or send me a photo (there's a link for that on the side of this blog page)

No comments:

Post a Comment