Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Dollhouse Miniature 4th of July Decoration



This week I am fulfilling a request made by a very good friend. I had sent her one of these decorations several years ago and she has put it on the front porch of her dollhouse every summer since. I got an email message from her last night asking if I had done a tutorial for these because she wanted to make a bunch of them this weekend. You see her regular mini club has their monthly meeting on this coming Friday and since the 4th is the next day she wanted to surprise everyone with these as a small gift. I was sure I had made a tutorial for these at some time but when I went to find it to send her the link there wasn't one! So I quickly put this together at the very last minute for this week. Hopefully even though I was rushing you will get the idea and be able to make your own for your dollhouse.




Since I got the request last minute and I didn't have time to go back to town for supplies I had to make due with what I had on hand. I guess it is a good thing I have a ridiculous stash of crafting supplies.

Also I was feeling rushed since we are under a heat advisory this weekend and I wanted to finish this video up before the temperature got too hot. As it was by the time I got to the editing portion of this video it is getting way too hot to do much.


Anyway here is the particulars of the project. Have fun with it!

We start with a wooden plant pot, use whatever size you want. Remember this can be a table top decoration or one for the front porch.

Start by painting the pot in your desired color scheme. I used red, white and blue since this is for the 4th but by changing the colors you can change the theme.

Next add some foam and top with your “soil” (dried coffee grounds) then add whatever decorations you want to add. I love to add the little twists of wire, they look fun and are easy to make. Since wire for crafting comes in so many colors again you can make this for just about any occasion.


So that is about it. Since it is getting way too hot here I am going to go find a good book to read, a nice glass of iced tea and sit in front of my fan and read for the rest of the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment