Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Let's Talk

See I didn't actually disappear, since it has been so hot here I decided I needed a vacation so I took one. I am feeling very energized by it too. There should be a new video and blog up tomorrow like normal (I am about halfway through filming it right now)

While I was on time off I actually did a lot of projects. I got the new lighting stand made (that was posted here in case you missed it) Hopefully there will be better lighting on the videos now. I do need to adjust the light placement over the next few (maybe several) weeks to get the best lighting from it. I can already tell it is giving lots more light for working though. Also it is not as hot to work under as I was afraid it would be. There are 4 rather powerful lights all fairly close to me but I think they give off about as much light as the two original lights used to. Being fluorescent is probably the reason for that. I do love them so far.

I also decided to clear out our storage room and turn it into a kind of photo-studio area so I can leave my lighting set up in there for photos too. Since I write a handful of blogs and they all require a lot of photography this will make my life easier. So this last week my youngest son and I (well, one day I drafted my older son's girlfriend instead) have been moving loads of boxes to the newly rented storage unit in town. I was hoping to have that task done by this weekend but now I am shooting for next weekend. I have several more loads to take. We are only doing one load per day so it is taking longer but we have so much other stuff going on and so I am trying to minimize the amount of daily interference this takes up.

When we get that room emptied I will try to do a video on making some more of the light stands like I made for my video area.

I also spent a lot of time planning out ideas for all my blogs. Kind of mapping out some short and long term goals for each blog. I also added links to all my blogs to the top of the page on the blogs so you can find all of them easily.

I have also spent a lot of time playing around with other crafts and sewing and I am really enjoying these too. So much so that I started a new blog (remember all the links to all my blogs are at the top of the page) that is dedicated to my other crafts. There isn't much there yet but I hope to use that blog to show some of my sewing and card making and just other general crafting I do. I just got a new sewing machine over the summer that also does embroidery so I have been busy learning to use it too.

Now I have one more point I want to cover before I close this little note. That is I have gotten some comments on some of my videos criticizing the fact that I am chatty. I read one to my daughter and she had a wonderful laugh over it. Sorry folks if you don't like chatty you are probably in the wrong place. That is me, it is who I am and I won't change that. There are plenty of other videos out there if you want someone that just sticks to the topic and doesn't say much. My vision for this blog and the YouTube channel is that I am bringing you, the viewer to my craft table. You are joining me as my guest. You get me the way I am.

So as long as you are ready to chat and do some crafting come back tomorrow and see what we make then. Be sure to check out the rest of my blogs if you haven't already.

Bye!

6 comments:

  1. I, for one, like "chatty" so just keep 'em comin' -- I'll stick around for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodonya! (Thats Australian slang) be yourself and if people don't like it they don't have to hang about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we choose to tune into your YouTubes and blogs it is because we enjoy what you teach us. There are many ways to teach and my chatting, I feel like I am right beside you like a friend learning the good and bad experiences of making the project and also some interesting facts about your family. After all the time I have followed you I feel like you are my friend. If you ever get up to Winnipeg, MB Canada, please stop in for coffee or even dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne,

    Not only do I find your videos very helpful and informative but I also enjoy your relaxed friendly manner. Keep up the good work.

    Carl;

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your videos and the chat :-) Sometimes I am crafting right along with you and I listen to you while I am gathering supplies or catching up to where you are in the process.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chat away my friend the more you chat the more we learn. You explain in detail and that is what makes you very unique. I love your tutorials and have learned so much from you. So thank you for all that you do for us mini people.
    Big hugs to you,

    ReplyDelete