Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Dollhouse Miniature Grand Piano part 2


If you missed last week's video where I started this project you can find that video here.

This week we finish up the Grand Piano, I am really excited with how this project turned out. I do have to go back and fix my keyboard. You get the benefit of learning from my on-camera mistake, be sure to use a better glue to adhere your keyboard. I am sure either Yes paste (which is what I had planned to use but the glue stick was sitting there so I used it instead) or Tacky glue spread thin will work.

I do like the dimension you get from the application of the Glossy Accents, you can find out more about it here. I also use it in card making and scrapbook projects. I am only sorry I am just learning about it. I also have heard from a good authority that it is compatible with baked polymer clay so you will be seeing it in some future clay projects too.

To paint my piano I used several coats of a gloss black spray paint. I didn't count the number of coats I just kept going until it was coated and starting to be shiny. Just take your time with the spray paint and be careful. I am thinking about doing a video this summer on how to spray paint your mini projects since I have seen several videos with very bad advice on Youtube. If you are careful you won't get any drips, it is only when you don't use proper techniques that drips occur.

I know there really should be a book rack thing for the music to rest on and there should be pedals underneath the piano. I just simply ran out of time to get it done this week. As it is I am going to be uploading this video very late Saturday night so you all can see it first thing Sunday morning.

I will try to figure out a tutorial on how I go about re-sizing images to use in mini projects. I know there are many ways to do this but I have figured out what works for me.



Now if you make a grand piano I want to see pictures of it! Show me what you do with my projects.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for another great project, it came out really nice, Mrs. Doll must be very happy. I don't know how I missed this one. I'm going to have to spend some time going through to make sure that I didn't miss anything else. I would love to see how you would make a piano bench to go with your beautiful piano.
    A Big Mini Hug, Mary

    ReplyDelete