Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Finishing the Table Kit



Once again I feel the need to apologize for this being late. I know I told you all two weeks ago I would have this up last week. I had planned to do just that. I did realize by Friday or Saturday that I was running a bit late but I posted on the Facebook page that I would be posting it a little late last Sunday. It had just been one of those weeks where everytime I was going to work on the video something else came up that I had to do first. I finally got t part of the video (first segment where I finish gluing the chair) done but I was waiting for the glue to dry. Then the weather took a turn for the worse and took our electricity with it. Our power was out for most of last weekend and by the time it did come back my house was sooooo cold I couldn't work in my office. I was also afraid to start much since the lights continued to flicker the rest of the day. By the time we were back to normal it was time to get a Trash to Treasure video ready to post.


On the bright side while I was not able to work on the project I was able to figure out how I wanted to finish the kit.


I had purchased this bottle of Americana Stain and Antiquing medium a couple of years ago. I remember I stumbled on it while I was searching for some other product and got it on impulse. I had then put it in with my other acrylic paints and never used it. I figured this would be a good time to try it out.


I first bought it because I have bought antiquing stain type paints in the past but how often do you really use them. I ended up tossing out half empty bottles because they dried up before I was able to use them I figured that being able to turn any of my paint colors into an antiquing/ stain would be a big advantage.


You might be wondering why I am referring to the product as antiquing/ stain. Well, as I understand the process if you are using it on wood it would be considered staining any other surface it would be antiquing. That seems to be how the process is referred to on several websites I checked for information so that is how I am going to refer to it.


I really do like the medium and I think we will be using it in the future. It does give a slightly different finish that a wash or dry brushing although you could easily substitute either of these techniques for what I did in the video.






No comments:

Post a Comment