Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Mini Garden Finds







I took the time this weekend to stop into my favorite craft store (Craft Warehouse) just to look around. I am always on the lookout for things that will spark an idea for a future project that can be a video to share with you. I tend to wander in all areas since you never know what might be perfect for something. As I wandered the garden/ fake plant area I came across some items to use in amongst plants (real or fake) are perfect for mini use. I thought I would share with you what I got. I picked up a package of 2 little buckets and a watering can. All of these are made of metal. They are really cute and although a little large they will fit into a 1/12th scene just fine since buckets come in all sizes. I am thinking I might adjust the handle on the one (the one with the red wooden piece on the handle) since it is a bit tall for the bucket in my opinion. I'll wait until I have a place to use it before I decide for sure though. I also think I will add a bit of rust and dirt since they look a bit too new for my taste. I guess it will depend on how and where I use them. The buckets are the following sizes: 1” tall (not including the handle) by top diameter of 1 ¼” and the other is ¾” tall (again not including the handle) by top diameter of 1”. The watering can is 1” tall (2” if you count the handle which is fixed in place) by a diameter of ¾” and has a spout that is about 1 ½” long. 

 

The other package I got was a set of 3 pair of rubber boots. Where I live we would call them barn boots since that is the primary use I would use them for in real life. I know a lot of you use them for gardening too though. The package I got has a pair red boots, a pair of black and a pair of yellow. The boots stand 1 3/8” tall and the foot area is 1” long. Although I don't think you could get them onto a doll's foot they would be awfully cute standing by the door or in the garden shed. They also have a nice texture detail to the sole so the dolls would have good traction on wet surfaces. I am really tempted to add a bit of mud to the sole to give them a lived in look. 

 

The bucket set was on sale for $3.50 and the boot set was $2.50, I can't wait to put them into a scene someplace. These items were on sale since it is summer and they are starting to make way for the fall stuff.

There were also other pieces that I didn't get. They had some really cute bird baths that I just really couldn't see myself ever using. There were also several sets of garden furniture (chairs and such) I debated buying a couple of chairs but decided against getting them. I am sort of wishing I had so if I get near the store while they still have them I will probably pick up some of those too.

I have been planning to do the landscaping around my Harrison for several years and just haven't gotten to it yet. I really do need to get around to it maybe these items will be the incentive to get me in gear.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne! Great finds with the boots, and the buckets and the watering can!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete