Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

1/6th Scale Pet Dish


Okay I debated about presenting this project for a couple of weeks simply because it is too large for the normal scale that you all expect from me. In the end I decided it was just too cute and too easy to pass up. Also I know that some of my regular viewers/readers are very into this scale. I am pretty sure that Barbie and the Monster High dolls are similar in size. I am not sure what other dolls are this scale. I have actually only seen the Monster High dolls on the internet. Will this project work with Littlest Pet Shop? I really don't know, I don't have any to try, so you all will have to let me know.

This project couldn't be easier just take the lids off the contact lens case and you have one of those double bowls that people use for their dogs or cats. You also get the bonus of turning the lids into bowls too. So if you don't wear contacts ask your friends that do. I know that the case is supposed to be changed regularly so the supply is out there. Also because they need to be changed out if you don't want to wait or don't have anyone to beg for one they are cheap. I sometimes get them at the dollar store and most stores that have eye drops and contact lens products have them almost that cheap too.

Now that Barbie has some pet dishes what about food and water?

Well, the water is easy just use any product that will dry clear. That could be glue (if it is a white glue be sure to add it in thin layers so it dries clear all the way to the bottom), clear glass paint (again thin layers) clear nail polish, and they even sell fake water for fake flowers that should work too.

For the food you can use a variety of things. You could make some out of clay (either a polymer clay and bake it out of the dish and then glue in or an air dry clay), small bits of aquarium gravel, the possibilities are endless.




Be sure to check back on the blog tomorrow (July 5, 2013) for a special post and an announcement!


1 comment:

  1. This is one of those "duh" projects! We all see them, but might not think of using them in this way. I really like this! :-)

    ReplyDelete