Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dollhouse Miniature Seed Trays



Well, this week things didn't go as I planned and I apologize that this video is not up to what I normally post. I had a migraine most of the week and simply ran out of time. If this had been a normal week I would have had time to re-film and take out some things. Since I didn't have the luxury of the time to do that I decided to just leave it as it was and let you see that things don't always go perfectly.

What you don't see it the first time I “filmed” the first steps of the project. You see I had been filming (or so I thought) for about 6 or 7 minutes before I noticed I had not actually pushed the record button. Oops, you would think I would at least get those basics down!

What you will see is that at various points I drop a freshly painted chunk of foamcore (why do they always land wet paint side down), I drop a bottle of glue onto the project, I glued my fingers to the project and then I glued my fingers to each other. Did you catch all of those? Were there any more I am forgetting? LOL At least I got a good laugh when it was all done with and I hope you can enjoy it too.

I think the point is we all have these kind of days and if we can laugh at our mistakes and learn from them it is all good.

Now onto the project-

The foamcore pieces are cut 1” by 1 ½” for 1/12th scale. You can adjust this size up or down as you want to go in your scene.

The cardstock is cut 2” by 2 ½” and then scored ½” and ¼” from all sides.

Also another lesson to be learned from the video (and I really do know this) be sure to dry fit your foamcore “soil” pieces in your trays before you put the glue on them. I have no idea why I missed that.

If you want to add some seed packet printies there are several sources online.

For the small sprouted plants you can use just about anything to give the effect of small plants. I used tiny pieces cut from plastic plants but you could also use small snips of paper, tiny pieces of yarn or string, green flocking (use sparingly) or whatever you have on hand. Just remember the spouts are tiny in real life so they will be even tinier in mini.








3 comments:

  1. Another great tutorial. I hope that you are feeling better, migraines are horrible.

    I have 5 links to seed packets at
    http://mslists.blogspot.com/2012/08/printies-s.html

    if anyone is looking for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tutorial, Joanne. I do hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the tutorial, I have migranes too and the only thing that works for me is Excedrine Migrane it really works for me
    before that I would have to go to the ER to get a shot because it hurt so much...I hope you feel better Mirgranes suck

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete