Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Beachside Bungalow Kitchen- The Sink

 



Watch the video here.

 

 



If I sound a bit “off” in the video I had a bit of a headache most of this last week.


This kit is part of the Kitchen Collection by Houseworks which can be found here.



So this week I decided to paint the sink for the kitchen set. I could have left it the white color it came in but I wanted to change it up a bit. Since all the appliances are white so far I decided to go with a “stainless steel” look.


The one thing that I can say I am not really thrilled with in this sink is the fact the surface is textured as you can see in this photo. I would have preferred it to be smooth. But we will just go with it and it will be fine.


Since the faucet that I purchased only needed one hole centered on the sink and the sink had 2 holes dealing with that was the first task. I filled the holes with some caulking and drilled a new hole where I wanted it. This all worked fairly well. I did have to dig out my Dremel to drill the hole but that is not really an issue. I could have filled the holes a bit more than I did but I am okay with the slight dents, I'll probably have thing setting in those areas anyway. I just didn't want the holes to be there. The dill bit I used was 1/16” and it is a tight fit.


Next up was to glue the two parts of the sink together. If you wanted to paint the rim and the basin part in different colors I would paint first then glue together. I am painting mine all one color so I wanted it to be a single unit to make painting easier.


I used a base coat of black craft paint followed by a coat of Brushed Metallic in Brushed Silver. This makes a nice dark metal color that will look lovely in place in the dollhouse.



I added just a bit of black paint in the little drain area that was molded into the sink bottom to make it look more like a drain, totally optional step but I usually do this when possible.





I sealed my sink with a coat of mat Mod Podge, this step was probably not completely necessary but I prefer the finished look it gives the piece.


After all was dry I stuck in the faucet to see how it looks. At this point I am going to leave it just in the sink and not glue it. It fits very snugly and I think it will be fine. If I find it slips out at all I will glue it in place.


Here is a picture of the finished sink placed in the cabinet where it will eventually live.






As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment