Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Beachside Bungalow Kitchen-1 ½” Base Cabinet with Drawers

 


Watch the video here.




This week we continue work on the kitchen cabinet kits that I recently purchased to put into the Beachside Bungalow. This week I am putting the 1½” wide base cabinet with drawers together. So not only do I put the cabinet itself together I also assemble the 4 drawers.


While drawers might sound kind of scary put together they are really easy since the pieces of the kit are cut so well. All (or most) of the edges are cut in such a way that they almost go together by themselves.


The number 1 thing to remember when putting any kit together is to take it slow. Don't rush the steps to get it done quickly. You need to work carefully and make sure each step is done correctly. Always dry fit everything. I can't emphasize that enough, by dry fitting you can see what goes where and if it fits.

 

The first step on all of these (and really) kits is to sort and label all the parts that come in the kit. That way you know what the pieces are so you are less likely to make mistakes.




On these cabinet units you do need to make sure all the corners are square and all the edges that should line up do. So take your time and make sure you understand each step before you start doing it. 






Also at each step give your glue time to dry. Not amount of measuring and fitting will do any good if you try to rush and move to fast. That is when things get crooked and end up not fitting.


The drawers did need to be sanded just a bit to make them fit which it normal. I was pretty certain they would even before I tried them. All kinds of things can affect the fit of the drawers into the cabinet. After all the fit is very tight since we are working so small. When you do sand pieces keep your sandpaper flat on the work surface and keep the item being sanded at the proper angle.


This piece like the one last week will get finished later when more pieces are ready.


As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.








No comments:

Post a Comment