Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Building the Beachside Bungalow part 11

 



Watch the video here.

 

 




I was planning to get a lot farther on the house build this week but life got in the way along with some technical difficulties.


I started out this week by putting the dollhouse upside down on my work table. I have to say it is really getting heavy and hard to handle. Then the first step was to paint the underside of the eaves all around the house. After the first tiny bit I did use some masking tape to protect the walls from being accidentally painted. Even with this I still had to do some touch-up painting.


Next on the to-do list was to add the corner trim. This should have been on the video but I did the thing that all YouTubers do at one point or another, I thought I had pushed the record button but I hadn't. It doesn't happen often (thankfully) but it did this week. If I had caught it in time I could have went back and re-recorded that part. But the glue had already dried so I couldn't back-track.


So part of what I was talking about when I thought I was recording was why I choose the trim that I did. I used the pieces that the kit provided but to me it wasn't enough. I really wanted to add a wider trim to the front corners but there just wasn't enough room between the corner and the porch railing. In the end after trying several different pieces of wood I decided to use just an ⅛” by ⅛” strip wood. It gives me the look I wanted, kind of and still fits the area and leaves some space between the trim and the porch rail.


The next thing to glue in place were the side brackets, which for some reason I can never remember the name of. LOL





We also glued the rafter ends and the arch trim pieces to the front porch roof area.






Then we added the same items to the dormer area.


The other thing we were going to tackle were the side eave rafters but life got in the way this week. I decided it was better to end the video at the point I did than to rush through the rest I wanted to do. Its all about balance I guess.



I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment