Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Building the Beachside Bungalow part 04

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



This week we begin the process of building the shell of the dollhouse. I start by priming the wood pieces that will be used in this step.


After the primer is completely dried we begin the process of gluing the shell. I highly recommend that if possible you get a buddy to help with this process. I was able to get it in the end but it would have been much easier if I had an extra pair of hands and eyes. The pieces are large and it is hard to make sure everything it lined up correctly in all areas while the glue is still workable. This is especially true of the hot glue. I don't normally get anywhere near a hot glue gun for my mini projects. However in this case I needed something that would hold the pieces until I could glue them. I did have to peel off glue in places and reapply because I wasn't fast enough and the hot glue set up. I am glad it is so easy to peel away. (side note I am proud of myself that for once I didn't burn myself with the glue gun) Also there were many words uttered that could not be in the final video, LOL.


Be sure to use plenty of masking tape to help hold the house together while the glue dries.




On this kit it is important to assemble it with the back of house against your work table. There is supposed to be a bit of the floors that comes out past the side walls that will attach to the front piece. I am not confident that mine sticks out as much as the directions say but we will cross that bridge next week.


I did do a dry fit of the front piece before the glue from today's work had dried to make sure everything will line up next week. I am really looking forward to seeing this project come together. I really need to start making my finial decisions about paint color in the very near future.



As always if you have any questions be sure to ask me.


Also feel free to share the links to the video and blog with your friends that would enjoy it. I really want to grow both the blog and the YouTube channel over the next few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment